Isn't it strange having a President...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by runningman, Nov 7, 2008.

1. And yet former Republican Secretary of State under George H.W. Bush . . . Lawrence Eagleburger said "Of Course, She's Not Ready."

"I don't think at the moment she is prepared to take over the reins of the presidency. I can name for you any number of other vice presidents who were not particularly up to it either. So the question, I think, is can she learn and would she be tough enough under the circumstances if she were asked to become president, heaven forbid that that ever takes place?

"Give her some time in the office and I think the answer would be, she will be [pause] adequate. I can't say that she would be a genius in the job. But I think she would be enough to get us through a four year... well I hope not... get us through whatever period of time was necessary. And I devoutly hope that it would never be tested."

The indictment of Palin was all the more biting because both she and McCain have held Eagleburger up repeatedly during the past several weeks as evidence that the Republican ticket has firm standing and support within foreign policy circles.

(In fact, McCain conferred with Eagleburger by phone just this week, on matters pertaining to national security.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/31/eagleburger-blisters-pali_n_139524.html

#51     Nov 8, 2008
  2. Jonbig you can understand what Obama plan's to do but you can never understand HOW he plans to do it because you have never seen him plan something and than do what he was planning. The only clear argument here is that time will tell whether Obama is a leader or just an empty suit.

His education and academic creditials are nice qualifications but his lack of big decisions is mind blowing. It's like bringing a hedge fund manager who has never traded real money, he has just studied the markets for years and years and has a great sense of what things are going to do. Obama is untested and in the coming months there is going to be a good chance that he sucks ass at his job.

#52     Nov 8, 2008
  3. Johno

Johno

Now where is that bridge I have for sale. Action talks, bullshit walks! Chequered past = High Risk!

#53     Nov 8, 2008

4. What kind of "big decisions" are you talking about? Unless you've been president before, every candiates, as compared to being POTUS, has never made a "big decision". Anyways I agree. My point, again, is that he is intelligent.

#54     Nov 8, 2008
  5. Your cynicism is well deserved. However if we really do have to pick one over the other, big government or small it would be well to consider that small government was the catalyst that sent our economy spinning down to..where ever its going to go.

#55     Nov 8, 2008
  6. You really can't think of any profession or job that requires big decisions? Just shows how bias you are when you can't think of any job that requires big decisions. My interpretation of JonBig- Sense little Obama has never made any big decisions no one has made big decisions and no has to in order to become president!

#56     Nov 8, 2008
  7. I said compared to being POTUS. So what kind of "jobs" require decisions that are as big as the ones you make while being POTUS?

#57     Nov 8, 2008
  8. I never said as big, i said big.

Can you not think of anyone who makes big decisions?

Come on Jonbig your embarassing yourself with your sad defence of Obama's experience.

#58     Nov 8, 2008
  9. Yea and my point is that no decisions are big as compared to being POTUS. And once again, look back in the thread, I never defended his experience did I? Just like I never said that his intelligence will make him a great potus, just that he IS inteligent. lol why do you keep trying to put words into my mouth?

#59     Nov 8, 2008

10. You don't even have the standing in society to shine his shoes you fucking ignorant hypocritical retard! Do you ever say ANYTHING that has any substance to it? What hole did guys like you climb out of in order to be part of this society!?

What is your claim to fame you retarded loser. Let's hear your credentials to criticize a brain like Barack Obama's?! You probably were enamored with Bush while the other 75% rated him as a failure!

#60     Nov 8, 2008