Isn't it strange having a President...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by runningman, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Jonbig sure Obama may have a high IQ and book smarts but it is way to early to judge his ability to be president so quit acting like it's a sin to question his ability. Questioning his ability right now is the same as protecting his ability. The only thing that matters is judging and seeing his ability when he shows that ability.

#31     Nov 7, 2008
  2. I honestly think this is one of the best posts I've read on this ever worsening site in months.

Well said FT. I could not agree more.

#32     Nov 7, 2008
  3. I'll second that 10x over.

#33     Nov 7, 2008
  4. What the hell! I never said anything about his policies, ability to lead, or anything but that he had "book smarts". Thats it. Thats all I said. To quote me directly I said "his intelligence was never in question".

#34     Nov 7, 2008
  5. What the hell! The intelligence isn't the question. The question is whether he has the ability to make the right decisions. Defending him about his intelligence is speculating about his ability to make the right decisions. I may have gotten off topic but that is only because i have trouble talking about things that don't relate towards the bottom line of the argument.

#35     Nov 7, 2008

6. His intelligence WAS the argument.

This was the OP:
    "...who can speak English and string together complete sentences? I forgot what that was like to have a leader who is a thinker and actually sounds intelligent. It sure is a nice feeling!

then some idiot said

Honestly, he appeared almost juvenile today.
    This guy really is an empty suit. .
    I predict Obama will fail miserably.

i then said

lol idiot. He was saying that it was nice having an intelligent leader. Obama is intelligent. Thats not up for debate.

and then some idiot said

I know two Harvard law grads. Believe me when I tell you that alone does not satisfy the definition of intelligent.

His intelligence is the only ting I've been arguing for this whole time.

#36     Nov 7, 2008
  7. Yes but sense you were replying to an idiot you yourself were looking like an idiot because you were taking idiotic statements seriously.

#37     Nov 7, 2008

8. You're probably right. Dude was kind of dumb.

#38     Nov 7, 2008
  9. The only thing i can develope out of this is that sense you took the statment of Obama looking like a juvenile seriously than you might be insecure about Obama's experience and thus judgment?

If someone was to say arnold swarztanegger* had week muscles in the prime of his body building than a person who worked out with arnold from day to day would entirely laugh off the comment as hilarious.

If someone was to say that einstein was mentally retarded when he came up with his theories than again that would be a stupid comment and it would be nothing worth paying attention too.

The only thing is that sense you really did pay attention to someone calling Obama a juvenile than that means you are not entirely sure that Obama has the ability to really make the right decisions under enormous amounts of pressure.

Sorry to expound on your comments but they can't help but cause curiousity.

#39     Nov 7, 2008

10. Hmm how about this. I will say you are right. How about that? let's say you are right 100% and completely. I am "insecure about Obama's experience and thus judgment"...what ever that means. Now, ok what does that have to do with his actual experience or judgement?

#40     Nov 7, 2008