Isn't it strange having a President...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by runningman, Nov 7, 2008.

1. What was with the 40 people/advisers on stage at his press conference, that was kind of gay.

I kind of felt sorry for them, they all looked like a bunch of schmucks up there.

#21     Nov 7, 2008
  2. Look, there's no question Obama is book smart and has decent people skills. I knew some officers like that in the Army, and there was a general consensus among my peers that if we were ever in some serious shit, we were going to frag them because they were likely to get us killed.

That doesn't make him a good leader, or that he has keen analytical and decision-making skills.

I'm not saying he doesn't have those traits or skills, but that he hasn't displayed them yet. For chrissakes people, he hasn't even been sworn in yet!

#22     Nov 7, 2008
  3. exactly

#23     Nov 7, 2008
  4. Johno

Johno

Here are a few critical questions -

1. How does it feel to have Iran so happily endorsing BHO (remember they hate you)

2. How does it feel to have Russia suddenly emboldened and now pushing militaristic issues forcefully once again.

3.How does it feel to have your international competitors cheering gleefully because the U.S.A. has been weakened and now in all probability will become an easy military and/or economic target!

When I read comments such as your one -
    "Dumbasses. Think for yourself critically. You will be surprised how much you learn."

I'm always left with the vision of ' TURKEYS CHEERING FOR THANKSGIVING'. Your level of ignorance and stupidity regarding Geo political issues is mind boggeling.

P.S. Still no comment regarding " The law's an Ass"

#24     Nov 7, 2008

5. What's mind boggling is that you are able to so accurately assess my knowledge of geo-politics without me saying a word about geo-politics. I never said anything about it because that was not my point. My point was that BHO is intelligent. Period.

Do you care to try again?

#25     Nov 7, 2008
  6. uh, don't give a shit how eloquent he is, more concerned about what he means and says.

There was a guy in the 30's who was real eloquent and gave nice speeches too.

#26     Nov 7, 2008
  7. Johno

Johno

Mate, I don't have to your reply or more to the point lack of reply, proves my point, that at best you cannot see the forrest for the trees!

#27     Nov 7, 2008
  8. what is your point? That I lack geo-political knowledge or that BHO is stupid. you seem to be flipping between the 2 and equating them.

#28     Nov 7, 2008
  9. He's our President. He sounded and looked good. I'm not sure what he said. I don't think anyone else knew either.

For those of us who didn't vote for him, we're all sitting here, wondering what freedoms, wealth, whatever he's going to take from us. Maybe he won't do any of that, but that's what we're thinking , and for good reason.

For his saying, i'it's time we step up, ' well I've stepped up for ten years, and the government has done nothing but spit in my face, and now, Blankfein and his cronies run off with tens of millions, and I've got to put Americans back in their homes. And tonight, an internal SEC judge dismisses charges against the Dir of Enforcement in a case that could have saved billions of dollars.

I hope O'Bama is honest, appoints a real director to the SEC. I'd rather deal with an honest man I don't always agree with than an amiable crook.

I wish him the best. I hope he does the job. I hope the media doesn't roll over for him. We're in one hell of a mess. And we really need some good decisions, and a lot of luck. We aint half way thru this.

#29     Nov 7, 2008
  10. I couldn't have written it better, so I won't try. I'll just agree. You're spot on.

#30     Nov 7, 2008