Isn't GOOG a great short right now??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rubberbird, Feb 11, 2005.

Is GOOG a good short right now?

1. Yes, the lock-up expiring spells lower prices

27 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. No, extra shares on the market is bullish

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. I don't know

24 vote(s)
    33.8%
  1. I sold call, and bought put now. I want to see whether or not Goog will pass $95. The volume is big. It may touch 25m shares today. Sale pressure not over yet. I am doubt whether or not there is enough fresh money to buy Goog. If Goog passes $96, I will sell put to take a loss.

#41     Feb 15, 2005
  2. I hope I helped some of you not get blown away.

#42     Feb 15, 2005
  3. Mvic

Mvic

If I am "they" then you would be wrong. Suffice it to say that my account at close today was higher than it was on the open Monday and a lot of it has to do with Goog.

I see you think that people pay attention to your opinion on ET? Personally I post every now and then out of boredom and for fun. Good to know we have someone here who takes ET and their role posting to it so seriously and provides such a valuable free service. Maybe I should start reading your posts, I am always ready to learn something new.

#43     Feb 16, 2005
  4. Yes. As I said, after the horses cross the finish line , they all had it.

#44     Feb 16, 2005
  5. Mvic

Mvic

Stock you really are a funny sort. I mean have we ever met? Do you know me? Do you have any basis at all for your attempt at an insulting jibe? Or, do you just imply that everyone who makes money is a liar (other than your apparent hero J Crammer that is, who by the way I am certain I am well ahead of over the last 20 years on a percentage basis year by year). Like I said you are a funny, as in weird, sort. Good for a laugh nevertheless! :D

#45     Feb 16, 2005
  6. so much for the intelligence of herd mentality.

results of the poll taken back, on Febuary 11th:
    39% of the elitetraders voted that it was time to short GOOGLE at $187(coincidentally it's up 39% since then)

26% of elitetraders voted that they were bullish on GOOG

33% said they were unsure

#46     May 26, 2005
  7. the GOOG short has been a fools trade almost 95% of the time. If you're timing is that good, you are already a billionaire and don't need the $ anymore.

#47     May 26, 2005
  8. Well...Jimbo....errr, Cramer.....errr.....stock777.....you had this one all the way. Nice prediction on 2/11/05.

And I appreciate rigor too...nail that sticks up always gets hammered down, hmmmm...better bring a big GXd Damn hammer

#48     May 26, 2005