Isn't GOOG a great short right now??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rubberbird, Feb 11, 2005.

Is GOOG a good short right now?

1. Yes, the lock-up expiring spells lower prices

27 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. No, extra shares on the market is bullish

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. I don't know

24 vote(s)
    33.8%
  1. Stock777, when I trade options (very rarely) they are at least one or two strikes in the money. The only reason I brought this was because of a hunch and the fact the lock up was coming, which I thought would bring down the price a lot. The only other time i did something similar was when RIMM flew to $100 + on negative news (how i saw it anyway) in December. I brought a small position (100 Dec 80 calls for .05c). next morning got out for $1.15.

So as far as cherry picking goes, I think I'll leave that for your hero Mr Cramer, the biggest cherry picker of them all. :p

#21     Feb 13, 2005
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Apparently Crammer is saying that the lock up exp. is a positive and that it is was a buy Friday, then again he has apparently been saying that since earnings. Lets see how he does. Frankly I am always happy to hear I am on the opposite side of his trades.

#22     Feb 13, 2005

3. LOL. Well, so now we have two year making home runs. Not bad. I eagerly await the next play, hopefully given in advance as my time machine is in the shop, being oiled and repainted. (Apologies to Rod Taylor)

#23     Feb 13, 2005
  4. \

I'm note quite sure, but hasn't Jimbo been fairly bullish on GOOG since 150 or so, if not before? That would make you deeply in the hole, not happy.

#24     Feb 13, 2005
  5. "Any trade advertised on CNBC should be suspect. All day Friday, CNBC was telling viewers that the lock-up is expiring. A lot of people could be short and wrong on Monday. "

So according to this line of reasoning, do you agree that TASR is a long at this point?

#25     Feb 13, 2005
  6. yenzen

yenzen

it pretty clear u have an unhealthy obsession with "Jimbo". In fact, I dont think u post anything on this site except for "Rah rah" posts for the old guy. U the President of his fan club? maybe his favorite stalker? I bet u wait outside his home and go thru his garbage, maybe u can find a little post-it note with his favorite symbol?

Mr. Zen

#26     Feb 13, 2005
  7. karsat

karsat

I don't think GOOG is a short candidate right now I would buy GOOG here as the market already discounted the lockout news so I would buy it here.

#27     Feb 14, 2005
  8. Don't know if there is much downside at this time. Maybe down to 178, but I don't think the Big Money wil let it fall further than that before the next earnings report, why should they, everything the company has said so far has been roses.

#28     Feb 14, 2005
  9. Speaking of obsession's. And I hope your stock research is better than the work you've done on my postings, though I doubt it.
    Let's see , 1800 posts (time flies when you're having fun) and you think they were all on the topic of Jimbo??
    The problem with you Cramer bashers it's just that, bashing , with no rigor. Jimbo is a fan of rigor, in case you didn't know.

The sad fact is, I could probably do a much better and rational bash job on JC that any of you, but unless you're looking for a quick passport to Nirvana, don't hold your breath.

#29     Feb 14, 2005
  10. I talked to some dudes who were short GOOG over the weekend. Its' a pretty loaded boat. Preservers anyone?

PS Maybe I'll buy up the float when the ecn's open in the am, just to test the sincerity of the shorts.

#30     Feb 14, 2005