ISM numbers at 8:55am?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashonly, Feb 5, 2008.

1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Does anyone know why the ISM numbers came out at 8:55 this morning?

I thought they were supposed to come out at 10am.

Cash

:confused:

2. no doubt a mistake.just took away a nice short trade for many as few trade premarket.

3. rumor that the number was leaked

4. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Looks like the info has been leaked: that is what DJ Newswire gives as reason.

*DJ ISM Releases Non-Mfg Report Early Due To Possible Breach Of Information

Regards

5. Daal

Daal

awsome, in order to prevent a few from profiting they just screw everybody by releasing all the sudden. dont you love government

6. ssblack

ssblack

lol, to me it looked a bit obvious that some knew according to the price movements in index futures and FX.

7. S2007S

S2007S

41.9, economy showing more contraction, biggest drop since ocober 2001...

released a little to early....

buying opportunity??

The bulls may think so since the markets have been in rally mode for the last 2 weeks, last week was the week to sell likeI mentioned, DOW back to 12400.

8. Mvic

Mvic

8 mins left for another emergency Fed cut before we open :D

9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Yeah, one of the news sources I listen too started doing a countdown to the release, so I guess they knew something.

That would have been an excellent during market trading opportunity to really ring the register! Unfortunately, I was unprepared.

There's a term "Chance Favors a Prepared Mind" that I'll paraphrase to "Chance Favors a Prepared Trader"

Cash

10. S2007S

S2007S

2 mins to prop up the futures 100 points with another 50bp cut, dont think it will happen, I think they will wait for the dow to trade under 12k before doing any more immediate rate cuts.

#10     Feb 5, 2008