Island Time & Sales

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by xbond, Jan 31, 2002.

1. xbond

xbond

Hi,

I trade the QQQs and I am looking for a vendor that provides 'Island only' time & sales and/or charts, since AMEX and other marginal exchanges trading the Q's are most of the time several levels away from the inside market and just generate more noise.

I already use the Island book and I am aware of the Time & Sales tool on the Island web site, but it is a non streaming and html based.

Does anyone know of a vendor providing streaming real time 'Island only' data?

Thnx,
    xbond-

2. trdrmac

trdrmac

This is probably not exactly what you are looking for, but the island book viewer on Datek provides a Last Match at the top of the book. They also give you a few cool things like #of orders placed in the last X minutes, etc. I think Streamer is still free.

3. I don't think you'll find anywhere to just show you ISLD T&S. The consolidated T&S normally comes out with the exchange (not the ECN) that the trade occurred on.

Quote.com Qcharts can filter T&S by exchange - but you'd have to be willing to take all NASD trades (regardless of ECN) - you can exclude AMEX and NYSE though by doing that.

4. Josh_B

Josh_B

trdrmac

Now that Island will be reporting through Cincinnati Exchange
    there may me a possibility the select Cinci on the regional filter for T&S, e.g. if you are using RT3

Josh

5. kenstl

kenstl

How about a free data interface from Island that could be used with multiple charting apps - this way, those of us who only trade the Q's could save some $$$ on data fees.

That would be nice.

6. Dustin

Dustin

I'll have to double check this tomorrow, but I think with Cyber if you open an L2 box with ISLD data only it will just give you the ISLD t&s. Will try it tomorrow.

7. Miki

Miki

xbond

I am not 100% sure but I think that Medved’s QuoteTracker uses Island’s only T&S.

Software is free – so try it out.

8. Dustin

Dustin

Forget what I said earlier...Cyber can't do it.