Island is down!?!?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Marc to Market, Oct 22, 2002.

1. check out the action on dell....
    when island was reactivated i arbitraged all the old island offers with the "real" level II..... made a killing... any change thse trades will be broken? they were mostly 16-18 cents below market, with about 30000 shares

#21     Oct 22, 2002

2. Would you share with the rest of us that may not be as well connected as you?:)

#22     Oct 22, 2002
  3. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Those were stale quotes that were not firm. Are you sure you executed on those quotes or were they ISLD invisible orders? When ISLD or any ECN goes down they out every live order. A lot of those orders are still posting to Level 2 even though you can't execute on them. I've tried to execute many stocks on ECNs when they experience an outage and have never executed since the quote is dead. Did you see the shares decrement after you filled on ISLD?

#23     Oct 22, 2002
  4. Dustin

Dustin

Your trades aren't even showing up on t&s, so they will probably get broken. Let us know what happens.

#24     Oct 22, 2002
  5. liquidtrader999 , a poster of this one lone message about 'stealing' isld stocks.

My understanding was that all isld orders were cancelled prior to the reopen.

Chain puller?

#25     Oct 22, 2002