Island hidden orders visible to some?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by flbum, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Bushido

Bushido

#21     Sep 24, 2008
  2. flbum

flbum

Totalview does not display hidden orders. I subscribe to Totalview from both IB and directly from Nasdaq. I am unable to see my own hidden order in the order book.

#22     Sep 24, 2008
  3. Can you see your hidden order in the IB book trader??

I just started trading all my trades with Island (moved from ARCA due to the odd lot BS of having to relist orders after some SOB lifts 1 share)

It has appeared to me that IB sometimes shows a higher amount on island than on Tradestation DOM. dont know why that is but thought it may be something like hidden orders placed through IB (baseless guess)

#23     Sep 24, 2008

4. They will do it b/c they can. What's next they give you no rebate for a reserve size? Years back we had a ton of information that made trading easy.

#24     Sep 24, 2008
  5. flbum

flbum

I generally see the same size at each price level on both of my Totalview feeds (IB and Nasdaq)... except when one is broken. Are you sure that you aren't getting just a Level 2 feed from Tradestation?

#25     Sep 24, 2008
  6. Right, I dont even pay for L2 much less total view and openbook

I dont think that explains why I would see for example 3600 in IB and 400 shares in TS as the best bid

#26     Sep 24, 2008
  7. zdreg

zdreg

another refugee from yahoo financial chat board?
    nonsense.

#27     Sep 24, 2008

8. right on.

#28     Sep 24, 2008
  9. qazmax

qazmax

It is possible that the order was Island itself. Island can see their own orders and if they got stuck with a trade error they may have had to trade out of it.

In this case they may have stayed with your order.

But that is just a possibility... not a fact.

:)

#29     Sep 25, 2008
  10. flbum

flbum

Thanks for the thought. That idea didn't occur to me. Still, I wouldn't think that they would essentially "front run" a customer order. Even if they are allowed to do it, it certainly wouldn't be good PR.

#30     Sep 25, 2008