Islam, Religion of Peace?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Rearden Metal, Mar 12, 2003.

1. lundy

lundy

this makes a lot of sense.

#71     Apr 5, 2003
  2. >>Al-Jazeera has a huge agenda. They are two fold: Arab nationalism and hard line Islamism. The station was founded by the Emir of Qatar<<

I am surprised as Qatar is very much on the Western side.

I guess that one and foremost the objective of the leadership is to stay on top hence their pro-US stance whilst their dominating
    motive is hardline Islamism.

At first sight these two motives seem to clash but I guess that in reality there isn't any such clash. Hardline Islamism is what keeps a democracy away and that would therefore further their aim to stay in power.

Mind you, observing the mob mentality, there seems very little thought in their head so perhaps these people are unable to
    afford, to handle, the luxury of a true democracy.

I am almost led to the unfortunate conclusion that they are in
    d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e need of a strong ruler who is able to keep them under control (and who thus gets the opportunity to, and often would, exploit them) .

freealways

#72     Apr 5, 2003
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

That's pretty much what male property owners were saying here, when they were the only ones allowed to vote.

--Db

#73     Apr 5, 2003
  4. You may note my use of the word 'almost'.

I agree with your remark Dbphoenix, and I guess they will need to grow with the opportunity. Let us just hope that one or another pressure group doesn't grab control and imposes another dictatorship upon the population.

What is another distinct likelyhood is that Iraq may break up into two or three areas. Whether that is good or bad, I don't claim to know.

I may be wrong but looking at the tv pictures I just cannot believe that there is too much thinking ability behind the volatile behaviour, the emotional yelling and punching the air with their fist of the protesting mob demonstrations in neighbouring countries.

Then again, on this E.T side we have people posting who basically refuse to (or are seemingly mentally or emotionally unable to) enter into a real dialog and it is therefore not unreasonable to arrive at the conclusion that many of these people also seem to lack thinking power, so (seemingly) behaving in a supposedly civilised manner by posting (rather than marching yelling slogans) also doesn't necessarily imply that the poster has reasoning power.

freealways

#74     Apr 6, 2003
  5. bumping a great thread :)

#75     Mar 23, 2004
  6. Thanx, but I must point out that the poll was seriously tampered with, which is the reason I let the thread die. Most of the pro-Islam votes came at the same exact time, and a few days (or was it weeks?) after I created the poll. Just know that there are NOT 25 dumbasses here who actually believe that Islam is peaceful.

#76     Mar 23, 2004
  7. i totally agree. more likely than not, i believe a nuke will be detonated in NYC or washington d. c. in my lifetime...and i'm not talking some dirty bomb..

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/bomb/sfeature/blastmap.html

#77     Mar 23, 2004
  8. haha

aphex, what happened?! :D

#78     Mar 23, 2004
  9. traderob

traderob

#79     Mar 23, 2004
  10. Hi Aphie,

Like you, I'm always ready to try something new.

When looking for your rabbi, don't get hooked on to one of these old fashioned guys, they still swear with the Messiah.

You would end up like before. Being stuck with a Christian old fashioned pastor who also still preached about the Messiah.

Hate to see you get lost once more!
    P.S. Your talk is very upsetting to kids like Gekko.

:D

#80     Mar 23, 2004