Islam, Religion of Peace?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Rearden Metal, Mar 12, 2003.

1. whocares

whocares

Metal,

You know and I know, and the rest of the Jews know that it's true, no matter how hard you try to hide it.

I would rather hear an alternative explanation for "chosen people" from you. Give it a try ! And who knows maybe tomorrow they'd take it and release The New Talmud :)

#62     Mar 25, 2003
  2. Shouldn't you be busy creating some more usernames to fabricate the poll results?

#63     Mar 25, 2003
  3. skeptic123

skeptic123 Guest

You forgot, they also drink blood of muslim children. You are next.

#64     Mar 25, 2003
  4. well Jesus was a jew, all the disciples were jews, all the early christians were jews, and the jews of today are genetically diverse; many are blond haired and blue eyed. I don't think this idea of a higher race is true at all, that is more like what the nazi's were thinking. In fact, the basis of antisemitism is often simply fear that the jews really are the master race ruling the world, which is of course totally insane.

#65     Mar 25, 2003
  5. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20030327/wl_mideast_afp/iraq_war_syria_mufti_1

Syria's mufti calls for suicide attacks on US, British troops
    Thu Mar 27, 8:55 AM ET Add Mideast - AFP to My Yahoo!

DAMASCUS (AFP) - Syrian mufti Sheikh Ahmad Kaftaro, the country's top Muslim religious authority, called for suicide bombings against the US and British invaders in Iraq (news - web sites).

"I call on Muslims everywhere to use all means possible to thwart the aggression, including martyr operations against the belligerent American , British and Zionist invaders," he said in a statement, a copy of which was faxed to AFP.

"Resistance to the belligerent invaders is an obligation for all Muslims, starting with (those in) Iraq," the mufti said Thursday.

This is the first time that a senior Syrian religious figure has called for suicide attacks against US and British troops in Iraq. Syria views suicide attacks by Palestinians against Israel as a legitimate "resistance to occupation."

Kaftaro called on Muslims everywhere to boycott US and British products and those from countries backing their attack on Iraq. He also urged "free citizens" all over the world to demonstrate, strike and disrupt airports and ports and any other facilities that support the war effort in Iraq.

Separately, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad predicted the United States and Britain would never be able to bring Iraq under their full control and would face "popular Arab resistance", in an interview published on Thursday in Lebanese daily As-Safir.

#66     Mar 27, 2003
  6. If it is a religious duty to engage in suicide attacks, I would hope the various mullas, muftis and ayotollahs would be at the head of the line. Not to mention the families of the dictators who run countries like Syria, as well as the Defenders of the Faith, the al Saud dynasty. Ironic that it is some dumb peasant kid's obligation, not theirs.

#67     Mar 27, 2003
  7. rs7

rs7

AAA...I knew there would be a topic we could agree on 100%!!

Well said!!!!!!

Peace,
    :)Rs7

#68     Mar 27, 2003
  8. I'm almost inclined to let this thread die because the Koran-Huggers tampered with the poll & Babak won't fix it.

Still, the following is too worthy of a post:

The world’s highest authority of Sunni Islam, Sheikh Mohammed Sayed Tantawi of al-Azhar University in Cairo, is telling Muslims that suicide bombings are just fine with God: Suicide attacks on US-led troops in Iraq permitted.

Suicide attacks on the US-led coalition in Iraq are "permitted under (Islamic) religious law," the sheikh of Al-Azhar, the highest Sunni Muslim spiritual authority, Mohammed Sayed Tantawi, said here Saturday.

"Martyr operations against the invading forces are permitted under religious law," he said, quoted by the official MENA news agency.

Tantawi described the invasion of Iraq to oust the regime of Saddam Hussein as "an unjust aggression".

"Whoever attacks others, spilling blood, harming the other's honour and land is a terrorist," he added, referring to the US-led coalition.
    Hat tip: NC, who says MSNBC is reporting that Al Jazeera has the Sheikh’s speech on a loop, showing it over and over to the Arab world.

http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/weblog.php

#69     Apr 5, 2003
  9. Babak

Babak

Rearden,

I won't change the results of the poll because I have no idea who voted for what how many times. So correcting the poll is impossible.

Al-Jazeera has a huge agenda. They are two fold: Arab nationalism and hard line Islamism. The station was founded by the Emir of Qatar. And although they purport to be 'objective' you will find absolutely nothing that even remotely challenges those two agendas or anything remotely critical of the Emir.

Many people don't know that Al-Jazeera actually did an interview with OBL himself 6 weeks after 9/11 but it never aired because OBL criticised the Emir and called on Muslims in Qatar to rise up against him.

The station refuses to allow air time for any Muslims or scholars or experts who are NOT hardline. As well a topic that is talked about again and again at length is the 'fact' that there was never a holocaust.

It is very scary because before Al-Jazeera lunatics only had the Mosque pulpit from which to spill their poison but now they have a satellite TV and an audience around the world. Muslims watch this crap and say, its on TV so it must be true. Never mind that there is never an equal time given to those who hold opposing views.

I think Al-Jazeera is much more destabilizing than anything the US could do in the Middle East.

#70     Apr 5, 2003