Islam, Religion of Peace?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Rearden Metal, Mar 12, 2003.

1. I fear you may be right, but as long as we got a Prez w/some cojones in office we've got a chance.

#31     Mar 14, 2003
  2. I need an option somewhere between options 1 and 2... the problem is not Islam and the "problem" is not Islamic Terrorism (since terrorism is a manifestation)...

In my view the problem is the state-backed "legitimization" of Islamic fundamentalism, such as Wahabbism in Saudi Arabia or the Madrassa schools in Pakistan...

State-backed fundamentalist Islam is a breeding ground for distortions of unadulterated Islam... these distortions provide a springboard for terrorism but, in and of themselves, are not terrorism...

#32     Mar 14, 2003
  3. Bouds

Bouds

Candletrader - you are absolutely correct. It is the twisting and distortion of religion by governments and religious groups for personal and political gain which breeds terrorism in the uneducated and poor - not the other way around.

Throughout history thousands of atrocities have been committed in the name of religion - from the Crusades, Spanish conquering of South America, Dar Yassin in Palestine, and more recently September 11th - to name but a few.

The point is that this does not make all Muslims, Christians, Jews or all other religions barbaric. Nor does it make one nation more barbaric than others - let us not forget the cross wielding white sheet and hood brigade known as the KKK which went around beating up and burning black people simply because of the colour of their skin only in the last 40 years!

I continue to have faith in mankind and its ability to move forward, to learn, to share with, to understand each other, and live in Peace/Shalom/Salam (which just happen to be greetings in Christianity,Judaism and Islam)with each other no matter what their religion (if any), creed or colour. People like Reardon Metal's state of paranoia, ignorance and hatred is just a tragedy.

#33     Mar 14, 2003
  4. rearden, it is obviously NOT a religion of peace.

after reading the Koran, how the fuck can ANYONE say it is?

or look at the ACTIONS of mohammed, how can ANYONE claim that those were the actions of a 'peaceful man'? LOL. what a joke. he was a murdering lunatic and a paedophile! (sex with a nine year old he has the hots for? please....)

now, MUSLIMS themselves CAN be peaceful, even peace loving(and many, (most?) ARE).

but their RELIGION most certainly is NOT a 'religion of peace'; no matter how desperately the liberal media trys to make it sound like one.

EDIT

you know, even if i was a muslim, the intellectually honest thing to do would be to admit that the koran contains far too many commmands to KILL (in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS) the non-muslims for it to be considered anything remotely approaching a 'religion of peace'.

and for those us who, like me, call a spade a spade, we should also realize that even though the Koran certainly does contain many such commands, that it doesn't actually represent the feelings of muslims themselves; that although they believe the koran, most muslims would actually prefer to live in peace and harmony with their neighbors.

#34     Mar 15, 2003
  5. The following was posted on an Islamic message board:

____
    I always thought (and still think) it's a great idea to join the US ground forces for a simple reason: they're all getting shipped off to the Middle East for FREE! So, you go there, free, with US equipment and weapons, yada yada yada, then when you get there, you change sides and fight the kufar! After changing your uniform of course! And while you're at it, you can sabotage some of their stuff from the inside!

Aaah, just some thoughts that are coming to my mind!
    Wa Asalamu Alikum Wa Rahmatu Allah Wa Barakatu.

http://clearguidance.blogspot.com/

Looks like he wasn't the only one who thinks this way.

#35     Mar 23, 2003
  6. Babak

Babak

Rearden,

I don't want to speculate but it is possible that the soldier that just caused a death and 14 injuries in a Kuwaiti camp was doing just that.

#36     Mar 23, 2003
  7. Yes, that's why I posted this.

When will people realize that political correctness can be lethal?

Giving a young Muslim man hand granades & access to a U.S. military base is not a very bright idea.

#37     Mar 23, 2003
  8. FACT: Islam is NOT a religion of peace.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Religion is not only a bunch of total nonsense, but it is harmful as well. How can anyone who understands Islam FOR WHAT IT IS say that it is a peaceful religion?! It is absolutely not. It says right in it to kill the infidels. How more GOD DAMN CLEAR DOES IT HAVE TO BE?!?!?!?!?!

I would really like some genius to come forward and dispute this. Of course they will say, well, blah blah blah, you don't have to take it literally. Well, where does it say you don't have to take it literally?!?! If you are a true Muslim, you go around killing the infidels. That's what your religion says to do. If you think you're a Muslim but don't want to kill people, THEN YOU ARE NOT A REAL MUSLIM, IDIOT. Admit you are not and move on. It's good to not be a Muslim or follower of any type of religion anyway.

Same goes for all you Christian traders accepting interest. Where does it say you can skip that part of your religion?!?! It doesn't, but it's hard to live in the real world and be a true follower of your religion. So what does that mean? You either bend over backwards to follow it, or you accept it is a defunct concept that isn't realistic in this world, and admit you're not a true follower.

ALL RELIGIONS ARE A BUNCH OF TOTAL NONSENSE AND I CAN'T BELIEVE MORE OF YOU DON'T REALIZE IT. SOMEONE JUST WOUNDED (POSSIBLY KILLED) HIS OWN SOLDIERS IN KUWAIT. IT IS SUSPECTED THAT HE MIGHT HAVE DONE IT BECAUSE HE HAS MUSLIM BELIEFS. WHY ARE PEOPLE KILLING EACH OTHER ALL OVER THE WORLD SINCE MAN EXISTED?!?! BECAUSE OF CONFLICTING RELIGIOUS BELIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIN LADEN THINKS HE'S KILLING US FOR HIS IMAGINARY FRIEND, ALLAH. WELL WE WILL SOON FIND OUT ALLAH DOESN'T EXIST WHEN SADDAM AND BIN LADEN BOTH END UP DEAD. WAKE UP, BRAINWASHED, RELIGIOUS, FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP END THIS NONSENSE NOW BY BECOMING A FREE-THINKER!!!!!!!

IT REALLY REALLY PAINS ME THAT SOME SOLDIER DIED TODAY BECAUSE SOME ABSOLUTE IDIOT MUSLIM THOUGHT BLOWING HIM UP WITH A GRENADE WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO ACCORDING TO HIS 100% TOTAL BULLSHIT RELIGION. WHAT A FUCKING WASTE. IT'S A SHAME...........

FRuiTY "Free-thinker" PeBBLe

#38     Mar 23, 2003
  9. Fruity, I applaud the first half of your message.

However, it is my belief that <b>non-Muslim</b> faithful and aethiests are equally violent. I cite Stalin & Pol Pot as proof that aethiests are no better than Christians, Jews & Hindus.

In this day and age however, it is quite obvious that Muslims are the worst of them all.

#39     Mar 23, 2003
  10. Any person can be violent no matter what beliefs they have. Just because Stalin & Pol Pot were atheists does not make atheism violent.

What separates atheism from the other bullshit is that atheism does not claim to be "the definitive belief" and does not instruct its believers to harm others who don't agree.

I am a total atheist and would never harm another person over religious beliefs unless it was self defense. I also don't claim to know the answers to everything. I don't eliminate anyone's beliefs. I just say that they don't make enough sense for me to believe it as this point. Not knowing, and being OPEN to possibilities is what makes atheism great.

#40     Mar 23, 2003