Islam, Religion of Peace?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Rearden Metal, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Amen brother hapa. Power-hungry schleps could twist even Buddhism to fit their own demonic desires.

This is a great thread -- you guys should definitely read Nietzsche's The Antichrist if you are interested in one existentialist's opinions of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, and Islam.

Nietzsche rules. The best part about The Antichrist is that it was written by an atheist with no vested interests in any of those religions. He basically says "OK, this religion is BS because ___; this religion is OK because of ___;" and so on...

#21     Mar 13, 2003
  2. msfe

msfe

freealways:` >>pluralis maiestatis<<

Msfe that word isn't spelled like that in english.´

it isn´t an English word - it´s 2 Latin words, actually

#22     Mar 13, 2003

3. "Pluris Maie Statis"...or P.M.S. for short, explains alot about you...Ms. .Take a couple pamprin and go eat some chocolate:D

#23     Mar 13, 2003
  4. Mohammad was a bloodthirsty bandit pedophile who murdered the entire Jewish population of Medina- even after signing a 'peace treaty' with part of that population. The Koran is a vile sick twisted book of an overgrown death-cult. I like the part where it recommends that a man beat his wife in order to keep her in line. Yes, what a peaceful, misunderstood religion. Just what one would expect, when your 'prophet' was a delusional gang-leader who liked having sex with 9 year old girls.
    ===========================================

Although i am no big fan of the middle east....I think it's impossible to take these things in todays context.....also, a lot of what we are 'reading' toady has been re written ans re interpreted 2000 times........in the years following his death, im sure that fundamentalists probably embellished to get their point across.....Look at the story of Moses and it 'aint pretty at certain times..do you really think god told certain people to do certain things? ...or do yo think that certain people justified raping and pillaging a city by proclaiming god??????....CASE AND POINT: SADDAM HUSSEIN??? " The shuttle disaster was god's way of punishing the infidels"...years from now that could be considered Gospel in somebody's bible!

#24     Mar 13, 2003
  5. >>Pluralis Maiestatis<<

I doubt it is spelt maeistatis.

I would be surprised if it wasn't majestatis, coming from the word 'majesty'.

One says 'pluralis majestatis' when someone uses the word 'we' whilst it really should have been 'I'

However you may note that the Queen (of England) may use the word 'we' in a speech (when in fact she means 'I') but in such a case it is quite O.K. to do so.

BTW TM, your spelling is nearly as bad as Msfe's :D

Cheers (to BOTH of you),

freealways

#25     Mar 13, 2003
  6. qdz2

qdz2

all religions are poison apples of human societies. the religion hypocrites harm people just same as they do good if not more. f8ck all religious men and women.

what cannot you religious f8cks stop touting to convert people or to turn them to slave or send them to hell? why cannot you religious f8cks stop fighting and slaughtering each other? I am just curious.

:p

#26     Mar 13, 2003
  7. qdz, are you asking why the religious zealots can't be nice and peaceful like the good atheists Joseph Stalin & Pol Pot?

Non-Muslim religious and athiests are in the same league as far as I'm concerned... a league still far above the Mud-Slime scum.

#27     Mar 13, 2003
  8. personally, i'd be satisfied if they'd just leave the rest of us the f^ck alone.

they're more than welcome to kill each other, as far as i'm concerned, and the sooner the better.

i'd also appreciate it if our dickhead president and atty general Fash-croft (as in fascist) would understand that church and state are meant to be SEPARATE -- but then again, without the religious zealots, the remaining 5% (the very wealthy) that would still vote for bush isn't enough to win an election..

...i really doubt that Fashcroft's prayers would be enough to get him elected...:D

#28     Mar 13, 2003
  9. At this stage only 37% of the poll respondents share my point of view.

However, we will see <b>Islamic nuclear terrorism </b>within our lifetimes. Once that occurs, I'll repost this poll and see how many of you are willing to defend the Allah-worshippers.

#29     Mar 13, 2003
  10. msfe

msfe

freealways:`>>Pluralis Maiestatis<<

I doubt it is spelt maeistatis.

I would be surprised if it wasn't majestatis, coming from the word 'majesty'.´

Roman alphabet for Latin
    The Romans used just 23 letters to write Latin:

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z

There were no lower case letters, and K, X, Y and Z used only for writing words of Greek origin.

The letters J, U and W were added to the alphabet at a later stage to write languages other than Latin. J is a variant of I, U is a variant of V, and W was introduced as a 'double-v' to make a distinction between the sounds we know as 'v' and 'w' which was unnecessary in Latin.

Maiestas

Maiestas was the sovereign power of the Roman people or the emperor.

#30     Mar 14, 2003