Islam is so tolerant

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Mav88, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Thank you, that's all I needed to hear from you. I am not surprised though.

PS just out of curiosity, what do you think about cannibalism? I suppose it's fine too, isn't it? There is no wrong ideology, only wrong people, right? LOL

#51     Apr 19, 2011
  2. Nazism is not a current threat.

I believe what Marx, Engels wrote was much more in line with the teachings of Jesus Christ than all the capitalism and greed that American runs on.

Cooperation is a spiritual principle.

Capitalism as it is primarily practiced in America today, aka greed, is a sinful principle.

#52     Apr 19, 2011
  3. LOL, now you're contradicting yourself, I expected you to claim that capitalism is fine, but that every single capitalist is a greedy bastard. :) You are so inconsistent.

#53     Apr 19, 2011
  4. Nothing wrong with any idea according to the law.

Action is punishable. Not thinking.

No one can know what a person is thinking, but they can know the actions.

Even in our law, we take into account the motive for the action.

Murder is murder, whether by the state, whether by pre-meditation, whether by accident, whether by self defense.

We understand that the actions are the same, a life was taken, but by law we take into account what the intention was.

If a person is filled with hateful ideas, but never intends to act on them, there is nothing wrong.

If a person intends to act on hateful ideas, they are a threat.

If a person acts on hateful ideas with intent to harm others, not in self defense, but out of selfish hatred...then they are breaking the law.

Our laws are fine for us.

Islamic laws are fine for them...it is none of our business.

Only actions matter in our law, unless we can actually prove intent to harm others...which is not so easy to do.

Any ideology is not illegal...actions are legal or illegal.

You could be thinking you want to kill someone...so? Thoughts are not dangerous unless they are put into action.

If you don't plan on it, or act on it, it doesn't matter.

The censorship of ideas only makes the ideas stronger.

#54     Apr 19, 2011
  5. iprph90

iprph90

#55     Apr 19, 2011
  6. OK I get it now. If you personally agree with an ideology (i.e. communism, Islam, nazism) then it's perfectly fine (and if it caused enormous losses, destruction and casualties it's the fault of the people, not the ideology). But if you don't like an ideology (capitalism, zionism etc) then it's evil, sinful and greedy even if it created prosperity, democracy and freedom.

LOL, I thought you were smarter.

#56     Apr 19, 2011
  7. I think Marx and Engles ideas were closer to the teachings of Jesus Christ than the war mongering capitalists in America.

All the isms have no power on their own. They are like seeds devoid of earth and water.

The danger is when extremist thinkers plant the seeds in the minds of weak minded people and then try to influence their actions in a dangerous manner.

The key is not to try and destroy ideas, but to promote a situation where ideas don't germinate.

Let people be exposed to any ideas, I'm not wanting to censor ideas...I am wanting people to be educated enough to understand what the right ideas are.

Right ideas promote inner peace, humility, loving God, tolerance, and all the other spiritual values.

Wrong ideas promote hatred, greed, a feeling of superiority, ego, and sinful materialistic values.

The seeds of Nazism, or any other violent extremism will never sprout in a heart that is spiritual.

#57     Apr 19, 2011
  8. I actually agree with you. The Christian world was brutal, uncivilized, backward, intolerant, savage, ignorant, oppressive and theocratic before the Renaissance. This is not and has never been in dispute.

The Muslim world is brutal, uncivilized, backward, intolerant, savage, ignorant, oppressive and theocratic TODAY. And I resent politically correct people who deny the obvious.

Islamic contributions to science and human progress are well documented.
    Sure they are, Islamic contributions to science and technology during the last millennium are documented by empty pages.

#58     Apr 19, 2011
  9. LOL, you don't get it, do you? It does not matter what you think but your intellectual dishonesty is too obvious. Ideologies that you approve are fine in your book regardless of how much damage to humanity they've caused (you explain it by wrong people), ideologies that you disapprove of are bad regardless of how much wealth/freedom they've created and how many prominent people support them. Amazing hypocrisy.

#59     Apr 20, 2011
  10. Yeah, well too bad that in the real world the hearts are not spiritual and the seeds of Nazism or communism or Islam sprout left and right. And when they do and millions get murdered and continents get devastated, the "oops, we had no idea" uttered by useful idiots do not usually help.

#60     Apr 20, 2011