Islam is so tolerant

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Mav88, Apr 19, 2011.

1. I find it very disappointing that someone who claims to be pro Jewish would be so bent on persecuting an entire religion and group for the actions of such a small percentage of a group.
    I am actually pro-Israel, not pro-Jewish. And you are yet to come up with a rebuttal to what I said about Islam - that it created 1,000 years of oppressive, intolerant, theocratic, totalitarian, brutal societies, that the contribution of Islamic societies to the world progress, humanitarian or scientific causes is non-existent.

If you wish to quote where I said "Nazism is OK in my book" please do so.
    You implied it when you refused to say "Nazism is wrong" and said "Hitler was bad" instead.

"Islam is just a book, just as Mein Kampf is a book, just as the Bible is a book."
    Fair enough, your comparison of muslim books to Mein Kampf is good enough for me. And sorry but neither of them is like the Bible.

#21     Apr 19, 2011
  2. iprph90

iprph90

oooops!! i forgot to mention the chapter and verse:

(Deutronomy 20:10-17).

:eek: :eek:

#22     Apr 19, 2011
  3. I forgot, you are an atheistic semite. Much worse.

Islam is not to blame, human beings are to blame.

Books contain ideas, not actions.

Your type of thinking just continues the cycle of violence.

#23     Apr 19, 2011
  4. I got that from your previous post. Mein Kampf contained ideas, not actions, it's almost like the Bible and is totally not responsible for what was done based on its contents. Nazism is just a theory, political views, teaching, it's not any different from Christianity except for its asshole students who misinterpreted it and murdered 50 million people. Right?

LOL, can one be any more delusional than that?

#24     Apr 19, 2011
  5. pspr

pspr

Try and read some New Testament.

I'd post some of the Hate in the Quran but I would have paste nearly the entire book here.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Quran.htm

#25     Apr 19, 2011
  6. Without Hitler's charisma, without his hate filled rhetoric, without the German people looking to someone to blame for their ills...Mein Kampf remains just a book.

You can find the same book in some public libraries in America, you can find it on the internet...it is not a banned book.

If the book is so powerful, why is it not banned?

The power is not in the book...the hate is not in the book...the power and hate are in the heart and mind of men, never in the book.

#26     Apr 19, 2011
  7. LOL, Look, I told you before, it does not fucking matter. Whether it's [muslim] books or charismatic muslim leaders is completely irrelevant. The important point is that ALL muslim societies are backward, barbaric, oppressive, intolerant and brutal. And we should see them for what they are and let them figure out whether it's the book or the leaders. Personally to me, if all societies following the teachings of a book during the last 1,000 years fail, there must be something wrong with the book. You mileage may very of course.

When they are blowing up innocent civilians in London, New York, Tel Aviv, India, Moscow, France, Spain etc I could not care less about your absolutely irrelevant diversion of what came first islam or islamo-nazis.

#27     Apr 19, 2011
  8. No book every causes a man to engage in violence, it is a scientific impossibility.

No book causes a society to be intolerant, it is a scientific impossibility.

Your arguments are being reduced to nothing but your own bigotry and hatred.

#28     Apr 19, 2011
  9. All Islamic societies for the last 1,000 years have been savage, backward, intolerant, oppressive, totalitarian, brutal. Their combined contribution to the civilization is zero, zilch, nada, nothing. Feel free to blame it on their religious books or their religious leaders, no one gives a damn or sees a difference. You are not debating my statement though...cause you can't.

PS when 1/4 of humanity follows a book for 1,000 years and fails - what does it say about the book?

#29     Apr 19, 2011
  10. Islam is the dominant religion in Indonesia.

Post independence

When Indonesia declared independence in 1945, it became the second largest Muslim-majority nation in the world; following the separation of Bangladesh from Pakistan in 1971, it emerged as the most populous Muslim country in the world. Today it has about 88% of the population of 235 million people following Islam.

Upon independence there was significant controversy surrounding the role of Islam in politics; this caused enormous tensions. Eventually, "Indonesia adopted a civil code instead of an Islamic one".[8]

Under the Suharto regime, all Islamic parties were forced to unite under one government-supervised Islamic party, the Partei Persatuan Pembangunan (Party for Unity and Development or PPP).[4] With Suharto's resignation in 1998, "the structure that repressed religion and society collapsed".[4]

Currently "Muslims are now fully represented in the democratically elected parliament".[4] However, some critics assert that this has led to the emergence of such extremist groups as Laskar Jihad, who, in 2000, called "for a holy war against the Christian populations in the Malaccan islands".[4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Indonesia

Yes, Indonesia has extremist groups, but so did Ireland not long ago with the IRA.

#30     Apr 19, 2011