Islam is so tolerant

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Mav88, Apr 19, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Are you comparing blacks to muslims or to dogs?

#11     Apr 19, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm thinking closer to 50 years
    Some probably were, not too many people had air conditioning back then you know.

#12     Apr 19, 2011
  3. Stop blaming Islam and start blaming the radical fanatical Islamic human beings.
    Are you for real? Let's not blame Nazism then, let's blame radical fanatical Nazi human beings, let's not blame Communism, let's blame radical fanatical Communist human beings instead.... And you know what, it is totally irrelevant. The end result is 1000 years of oppressive, medieval, brutal, intolerant societies. Whether it's caused by Islam or "radical fanatical Islamic human beings" is semantic and makes absolutely no difference. LOL

I certainly don't blame the religion of Judaism for the violent actions of jews...
    Oh please, be my guest, disproportionate number of entrepreneurs, 25% of Nobel Prize winners, 20% of Ivy League graduates, huge number of scientists, politicians, doctors, educators...and occasional rogues of course. It's kind do the other way around with the followers of Islam, isn't it?

#13     Apr 19, 2011
  4. iprph90

iprph90

50 years can encompass the meaning of a few short decades.

#14     Apr 19, 2011
  5. Hitler was responsible for what he did, no doubt.

The people who followed his lead were to blame to a lesser extent.

You want to blame the books of Islam for the way in which some people interpret those books?

Not a sane argument.

However, sanity is not a strong suit of those who attack religion for the actions of mankind.

#15     Apr 19, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't know...:)

few
    determiner
    not many, one or two,...

#16     Apr 19, 2011
  7. LOL, so Nazism is OK in your book but Hitler was one bad dude who gave it a bad name, right? Cause that's exactly what your answer to my question implies.

#17     Apr 19, 2011
  8. You bet I do. Perhaps if you can show me a positive mainstream interpretation of Islam that created civilized democratic societies, encouraged science and technology, gave people freedom and prosperity - I'll be happy to change my mind. Please enlighten me, I am all ears.

#18     Apr 19, 2011
  9. I find it very disappointing that someone who claims to be pro Jewish would be so bent on persecuting an entire religion and group for the actions of such a small percentage of a group.

If you wish to quote where I said "Nazism is OK in my book" please do so.

You possess such a virulent hatred of Islam, that it blinds you to the reality that Islam is just a book, just as Mein Kampf is a book, just as the Bible is a book.

The words on the pages have no power, the power is in the way in which people take up words and follow them with love or hatred in their hearts.

The words stay in the book, it is the hatred and blindness of the subscribers of an ism that are the danger.

It doesn't matter if the person is a fanatical Nazi, or a fanatical Jew, or a fanatical Muslim.

The fanaticism is the common element in every case.

Yours is a rhetoric of hatred, which is so counter to the cause of peace that Jews have worked so hard to achieve.

Hatred doesn't bring peace...

LOL, so Nazism is OK in your book but Hitler was one bad dude who gave it a bad name, right? Cause that's exactly what your answer to my question implies.
    [/QUOTE]

#19     Apr 19, 2011
  10. iprph90

iprph90

yeah man, with verses like this....sends a shiver down my back!!

When you approach a city to fight against it, you shall offer it terms of peace. If it agrees to make peace with you and opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall become your forced labor and shall serve you. However, if it does not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. When the LORD your God gives it into your hand, you shall strike all the men in it with the edge of the sword. Only the women and the children and the animals and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourself; and you shall use the spoil of your enemies which the LORD your God has given youӅ Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes”

#20     Apr 19, 2011