Islam and Wife Beatings?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by ShoeshineBoy, Apr 18, 2004.

1. I'm assuming you're talking about Rykers...

#21     Apr 19, 2004
  2. Unfortunately, you don't have to look at Islam for this. Way too many shelters filled to the brim with wives who were routinely beaten by their good Christian (and usually drunk) husbands right here in the US.

There may be some bizarrely institutionalized wife beating among certain arab groups, but the phenomenon is certainly not exclusive to them.

According to FBI stats a woman is beaten by her husband/boyfriend/partner in the US every 15 seconds and of those over 4,000 are beaten to death each year. Domestic violence occurs in 25-35% of American homes and the resulting medical costs are up to $5 billion per year. As long ago as 1984, the US Surgeon General called domestic violence as the US's #1 health problem.

#22     Apr 19, 2004
  3. ArchAngel, apparently you missed the U.N. survey I posted a couple pages back in this thread.

<b>43.3 percent of males and 28.5 percent of females said husbands have the right to beat disobedient wives, and 44.5 percent of males and 35.9 percent of females said family members have the right to carry out "honor killings" of female relatives.</b>

Would the same survey generate results 1/10 as bad among U.S. non-Muslims? No way in hell.

#23     Apr 19, 2004
  4. that is SO wrong. some things in the world are just so screwed up and this is one.

i was sexually mutilated, too. i know you all wanna know i'm circumsized, but when i think about WHY i was, it pisses me off! i was sexually mutilated for some twisted religious/cultural nonsense. :mad:

Infant circumcision is the amputation of a baby boy's prepuce shortly after birth. First, the baby is strapped down spread-eagle onto a special restraining fixture that controls his inevitable struggles. Then, the adherent prepuce is torn away from the glans. The highly sensitive glans is literally skinned alive and is left bright red and bloody. Next, the prepuce is crushed down it's length with hemostats and the crushed zone is cut with scissors. Finally, the prepuce is amputated, usually by the use of a vise-like crushing device. (1) The most sensitive and erogenous part of a baby boy's genitals is literally ripped, cut and crushed off. Pain relief is usually not given to the baby boy (2) who struggles and screams in obvious pain throughout the procedure. (3, 4) Infant circumcision is genital mutilation. (5) Most countries of the world do not practice infant circumcision (6) and consider it barbaric. Americans are almost alone in their insistence on mutilating baby boys. (7)

http://www.circ-info.org/perform_frame.htm

#24     Apr 19, 2004
  5. GG, how many chicks do you suppose would be willing to give you a BJ, if you had a nasty smegma dripping turtleneck?

You do like getting BJ's, right?

If genital mutilation is the price one must pay in order to get more head from hot young sluts...so be it! :D

#25     Apr 19, 2004
  6. yeah, they're OK. :D

#26     Apr 19, 2004
  7. stu

stu

jeeez that's the second time I lost my breakfast. First with RS Mav and Wags, now with GG & RM.
    You guys trying to make ET members anorexic or summink ??

#27     Apr 19, 2004
  8. :( In America it's called it sadomasochism.

//shrug//

Oh well, welcome to Hell. :D

to

#28     Apr 19, 2004
  9. Don't know what a survey would show (although you'd probably get similar or higher results in parts of West Virginia and Arkansas).

What people in the US would say in a survey is immaterial - what they actually do was the point of my earlier post.

A "survey" in the US might not show 1/10th the numbers of the UN survey, but the FBI statistics do show actual occurances much higher than I'm presuming you were expecting - domestic violence in 25-35% of American homes and a woman beaten every 15 seconds on average, etc.

Is it worse in the Middle East? Quite probably. Is the issue exclusive to the Middle East and is the "civilized" West immune to it - nope.

#29     Apr 19, 2004
  10. Babak

Babak

#30     Apr 20, 2004