Islam, a Religion of Suicide

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by sKaLpZ, Jul 16, 2005.

1. He did. He asked YOU, didn't he?

#21     Jul 16, 2005
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Actually those suicide bombers are dying because a political party in Iraq is losing power and they are just doing everything they can to screw things up. Reminds me of a political party in the US.

#22     Jul 16, 2005
  3. TGregg

TGregg

#23     Jul 17, 2005
  4. No, we don't agree.

Those with a predisposition to mass murder become mass murderers, and they are found to practice nearly every religion and non religion, and they all justifiy their actions for a variety of reasons.

Don't you ever tire of fallacious arguments?

#24     Jul 17, 2005
  5. Correct. But those looking for red flags in order to recognize and counteract these killers before they strike, will find conversion to Islam is a material warning sign.

#25     Jul 17, 2005
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Can you believe that I couldn't find a five dollar word in my thesaurus for endless? In the English language? There's gotta be one.

That was gonna be a sweet post, saying "never ending" in some 8 syllable word that's rarely used.

Dang. English rarely lets me down like this, seems like there's always a perfect word with just the nuance one wants. But then I never looked for one to . . . err. . . (OK, here's exactly what I mean, here's the perfect word, no thesaurus needed) obfuscate my meaning before. Usually, I'm all about communication.

What a great word, obfuscate. I can see somebody asking "WTF does obfuscate mean?" And somebody else saying "Yeah, that's pretty much what it means." Kinda like Who's on First. But I'd stay away from any fallaciousness, unless you want the vice squad coming by. :D :D :D

And it's clearly time to sign off.

#26     Jul 17, 2005
  7. You counteract "killers" with better intelligence agencies and police departments, education of people, and prosperity worldwide for people who are oppressed.

You cease engaging in imperalistic efforts and starting pre-emptive wars that have no direct connection to national security or terrorism.

Additionally, having a foreign policy that is fair, and treats Israel with objecitivy, rather than a look the other way policy would help tremendously.

I don't expect you to be objective where Israel is involved, but if you were you would see that they are hardly blameless in this process.

#27     Jul 17, 2005
  8. You need a better thesaurus:

Main Entry: endless
    Part of Speech: adjective
    Definition: continuous
    Synonyms: amaranthine, boundless, ceaseless, constant, continual, continuous, countless, deathless, enduring, eternal, everlasting, illimitable, immeasurable, immortal, incalculable, incessant, indeterminate, infinite, interminable, limitless, measureless, monotonous, multitudinous, never-ending, numberless, overlong, perpetual, self-perpetuating, unbounded, unbroken, undivided, undying, unending, unfathomable, uninterrupted, unlimited, unsurpassable, untold, without end
    Antonyms: ending, finishing, finite, limited
    Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)
    Copyright © 2005 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Main Entry: abysmal
    Part of Speech: adjective 1
    Definition: immeasurable
    Synonyms: bottomless, boundless, complete, deep, endless, extreme, illimitable, incalculable, infinite, profound, thorough, unending, unfathomable, vast
    Antonyms: fathomable, finite, limited, measurable

Main Entry: ceaseless
    Definition: never-ending
    Synonyms: amaranthine, constant, continual, continuous, endless, eternal, everlasting, incessant, indefatigable, interminable, nonstop, perennial, perpetual, unceasing, unending, uninterrupted, unremitting, untiring
    Antonyms: completed, concluded, ending, finished, finite, fleeting, limited

Main Entry: constant
    Part of Speech: adjective 2
    Definition: neverending
    Synonyms: abiding, ceaseless, chronic, continual, continuous, endless, enduring, eternal, everlasting, incessant, interminable, lasting, nonstop, perpetual, persistent, persisting, relentless, sustained, unending, uninterrupted, unrelenting, unremitting
    Antonyms: concluding, ending, intermittent, interrupted, occasional, sporadic, stopping, terminable

Main Entry: continual
    Definition: constant
    Synonyms: around-the-clock, ceaseless, connected, consecutive, continuous, dateless, endless, enduring, eternal, everlasting, frequent, incessant, interminable, oft-repeated, permanent, perpetual, persistent, persisting, recurrent, regular, relentless, repeated, repetitive, running, staying, steady, timeless, unbroken, unceasing, unchanging, unending, unfailing, unflagging, uninterrupted, unremitting, unvarying, unwaning
    Antonyms: ceasing, ending, finite, halting, inconstant, infrequent, intermittent, interruped, occasional, sporadic

Main Entry: continuous
    Definition: constant
    Synonyms: connected, consecutive, continued, endless, everlasting, extended, interminable, looped, perpetual, prolonged, regular, repeated, stable, steady, timeless, unbroken, unceasing, undivided, unending, unfaltering, uninterrupted
    Antonyms: broken, ceasing, discontinuous, ending, finished, halting, intermittent, interrupted

Main Entry: countless
    Definition: innumerable
    Synonyms: endless, gobs, heap, immeasurable, incalculable, infinite, innumerous, jillion, legion, limitless, load, loads, lots of, many, measureless, mess, mint, mucho, multitudinous, myriad, numberless, oodles, passel, peck, pile, raft, rafts, scads, slew, stacks, tidy sum, umpteen, uncountable, uncounted, untold, wad, whole slew, zillion
    Antonyms: countable, counted, few, finite, limited, numbered

Main Entry: eternity
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: forever
    Synonyms: aeon, afterlife, age, ages, blue moon, dog's age, endless time, endlessness, everlastingness, future, immortality, imperishability, infiniteness, infinitude, infinity, kingdom come, other world, perpetuity, timelessness, up there, upstairs
    Antonyms: ephemerality, impermanence, finiteness

Main Entry: everlasting
    Definition: infinite
    Synonyms: abiding, amaranthine, boundless, ceaseless, constant, continual, continuous, deathless, endless, eternal, immortal, imperishable, incessant, indestructible, interminable, lasting, limitless, never-ending, perdurable, permanent, perpetual, termless, timeless, unceasing, undying, unending, uninterrupted, unremitting
    Antonyms: ending, ephemeral, finite, fleeting, short-lived, temporary, terminating

Main Entry: general
    Part of Speech: adjective 3
    Definition: comprehensive
    Synonyms: across-the-board, all-around, all-embracing, all-inclusive, ample, blanket, broad, catholic, collective, comprehending, diffuse, ecumenical, encyclopedic, endless, extensive, far-reaching, generic, global, inclusive, indiscriminate, infinite, limitless, miscellaneous, overall, panoramic, sweeping, total, ubiquitous, unconfined, universal, unlimited, wide, worldwide
    Antonyms: localized

#28     Jul 17, 2005
  9. TGregg

TGregg

Hey! There it is, the one I was trying to think of: indefatigable

Plus two I don't even know, amaranthine and perdurable. I didn't even know amaranth was a color. Red, that figures.

Whoops, I knew what perdurable meant after all. Permanent durability, a waste of a word.

Had to come back with this link to a video of Who's on first.

#29     Jul 17, 2005
  10. For sects and groups, perhaps.

For religions Islam leads the way with flying colors.

#30     Jul 17, 2005