Islam, a Religion of Suicide

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by sKaLpZ, Jul 16, 2005.

1. A wolf, preaching to all the other animals about the evils of carnivorism just makes himself look stupid.

#11     Jul 16, 2005
  2. TGregg

TGregg

#12     Jul 16, 2005
  3. thn5625

thn5625

For those who think suicide bombers are islamic and therefore all islams support suicide bombings you will also need to consider Christianity. There were the Inquisitions that imposed christian beliefs via physical harm. Dont forget the Crusades where governments went to war in the name of spreading Christianity. Now the modern times we call these extremists, sects. One example is the anti-abortion sect where some, not all, support violence, ie. harming doctors, clinics. Dont forget the Christian Identity movement whom Eric Robert Rudolph was the Olympic bomber.
    Now we may refute, these are not true christian beliefs instead they are not christian beliefs at all. However, these believers support a core christian ideology and branch out of these beliefs.
    Isnt this the same claim of mainstream Islams- that suicide bombers are extremist. We need to give mainstream Islamists more distinction.
    Representing a large group based on the sole beliefs and behaviors of a minority group usually is a disastrous may lead to prejudicial views.
    Though Im not Islamic its against my conscience so biase and unobjective to believe that Islam supports suicide bombings.
    Perhaps the religion is going through changes that Christianity went through during the Crusades and look where we are now...

Thats my most recent take on all this. Any comments?

#13     Jul 16, 2005
  4. jem

jem

"If it is the plight of the Palestinians that drives them, why, every time it looks as if Israel and Palestine are making progress, does the same ideology perpetrate an outrage that turns hope back into despair?

"If it is Afghanistan that motivates them, why blow up innocent Afghans on their way to their first-ever election?

Interesting quotes in that article.

#14     Jul 16, 2005

5. Quote from Rearden Metal:
    12-23-03

As we have seen with Jose Pedilla, Richard Reed, Taliban Johnny Walker, Idi Amin, Mike Tyson and Carlos The Jackal...demented violent assholes tend to gravitate naturally toward the 'religion of peace'.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=395731

_________

Beware of converts to Islam. These people are disproportionately more bloodthirsty than those 'born and raised' Muslim. No surprise then, that an Islamic convert was behind the King's Cross attack.

#15     Jul 16, 2005
  6. Kareem Abdul Jabaar

Muhammed Ali

Ahmad Rashad

Queen Noor of Jordan

Jermaine Jackson
    http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Park/6443/Converts/Jermaine.html

Art Blakey

Maryam Jameelah

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf

Shareef Abdur-Rahim

#16     Jul 16, 2005
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Jermaine Jackson is a terrorist? Geez. I shoulda guessed when he tried that solo career. :D

#17     Jul 16, 2005
  8. I wouldn't know if Jermaine Jackson is a terrorist. You will have to ask the resident bigots.....

#18     Jul 16, 2005
  9. So, your point is that an Islamic convert is over a thousand times more likely to become a mass murderer, when compared to the rest of society... but most converts to Islam never become full blown terrorists.

Great. We agree.

#19     Jul 16, 2005
  10. If I converted to Islam, the first thing I would do is blow myself up.

JohnnyK

#20     Jul 16, 2005