Isaiah Washington thanks Trump for First Step Act, criticizes Barack Obama for not supporting 'Black

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Isaiah Washington thanks Trump for First Step Act, criticizes Barack Obama for not supporting 'Black Agenda'
    By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News
    [​IMG]

Actor Isaiah Washington attended a White House celebration of the First Step Act, where he praised President Trump. (Photo by Paras Griffin/Getty Images)

Actor Isaiah Washington tweeted his thanks for President Donald Trump's support of the First Step Act while also criticizing former President Barack Obama for a lack of movement regarding “the Black Agenda.”

Washington tweeted his praise for Trump and the passing of the First Step Act on Monday, which is dedicated to criminal justice reform and prisoner rehabilitation. Washington was invited to D.C. to celebrate the legislation and hear calls for more reform, which he says Trump's predecessor never did.

“I voted for 44 twice. I even checked my emails in his Senate Office while lobbying for Salone to be given another chance to rebrand,” the former “Grey’s Anatomy” star wrote. “Not once in 8 years was I given any support regarding Africa or the Black Agenda, but 45 invites me to the WH to celebrate the #FirstStepAct.”

[​IMG]
    Isaiah Washington

✔@IWashington

I voted for 44 twice. I even checked my emails in his Senate Office while lobbying for Salone to be given another chance to rebrand. Not once in 8 years was I given any support regarding Africa or the Black Agenda, but 45 invites me to the WH to celebrate the #FirstStepAct [​IMG]

1:05 PM - Apr 1, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

498 people are talking about this

In follow-up tweets, Washington noted that the bill is the first step to “end mass incarceration” and called for Trump to deliver reparations in 2020.

The First Step Act was passed by Congress last year. It gives judges more discretion when sentencing some drug offenders and boosts prisoner rehabilitation efforts. The effort drew strong support from Republicans and Democrats worried that mandatory minimum laws had generated unfair sentences in many drug-related cases.

'DADDY WON,' ALEC BALDWIN'S TRUMP BOASTS IN FIRST 'SNL' SINCE END OF MUELLER PROBE

Trump said Americans with criminal backgrounds are unemployed at rates up to five times the national average, which stood at 3.8 percent in February.

Washington followed up his initial tweets about going to the White House with a series of photos alongside prominent men and women who he says worked to get the First Step Act passed.

MARK HAMILL SLAMS REPUBLICAN SENATOR FOR USING LUKE SKYWALKER IMAGE TO MOCK GREEN NEW DEAL

“Those who know, know that I’m not a Democrat or a Republican. I will work w/h anyone as long as things get done. The #FirstStepAct was passed on December 21, 2018 w/h the hard work of @JessyMichele @LouislReed @VanJones68 and @cut_50 I’m proud to stand with them all today,” Washington wrote.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Isaiah Washington

✔@IWashington

Those who know, know that I’m not a Democrat or a Republican. I will work w/h anyone as long as things get done. The #FirstStepAct was passed on December 21, 2018 w/h the hard work of @JessyMichele @LouislReed @VanJones68 and @cut_50 I’m proud to stand with them all today. [​IMG]

1:12 PM - Apr 1, 2019

48 people are talking about this

Washington also shared a handful of videos from inside the East Room where the president and vice president spoke with former prisoners who have been helped through the First Step Act.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Isaiah Washington

✔@IWashington

The East Room...#FirstStepAct [​IMG]

6:29 PM - Apr 1, 2019

145 people are talking about this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Isaiah Washington

✔@IWashington

6:42 PM - Apr 1, 2019

See Isaiah Washington's other Tweets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Isaiah Washington

✔@IWashington

8:05 PM - Apr 1, 2019

31 people are talking about this

Trump said a "Second Step Act" will focus on "successful re-entry and reduced unemployment for Americans with past criminal records." His goal is to cut that unemployment rate for ex-prisoners to single digits within five years.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The president was short on details about what future legislation would include, but the White House said Trump's budget for the next fiscal year proposes more than $500 million to help prisoners succeed after their release.

2. Did not realize that bad actor was in charge of Africa and the Black Agenda :p

3. You are obviously missing the point 85. The issue is that bad orange man is racist, but somehow he has done more from minorities that the last 4 presidents combined. It is indeed the hugest black/orange/white conundrum ever.

4. Well this is what MAGA was so excited about during the election. I can hear those roars at the rallies even now as Trump bellowed "Let black thugs out of prison early." And let them vote too. Is this a great country or what? Ann Coulter and a few malcontents still want to carp about walls and a wide open border, but they don't realize Trump has lowered black unemployment.

He'll have the last laugh when he eclipses his 3% of the black vote and gets maybe 5 or 6%.

5. I think I can explain why Washington was never invited to the WH after 2007...

"Washington had assaulted fellow cast member Patrick Dempsey. Shortly afterwards, reports started to circulate that during the fight, Washington grabbed Dempsey by the throat and said, “I’m not your little faggot like T.R. [Knight].”" This event was confirmed true by several sources and actors on the show.

Spike Trader likes this.
  6. Yeah , he was fired and now he's grovelling for any kind of boost ,
    maybe he'll be the next ambassador to Nigeria or some corrupt country .

------------------------------------------
    Stars Who Were Fired From Major TV Shows
    Isaiah Washington, 'Grey’s Anatomy'
    For two years, Isaiah Washington played Dr. Preston Burke on Grey's Anatomy, but everything changed after an ugly dispute with his co-stars. The on-set spat with Patrick Dempsey occurred after Washington used a gay slur while referring T.R. Knight. In fact, Washington reignited the controversy when he repeated the slur — as part of a denial — in front of backstage reporters at the 2007 Golden Globes. Washington was ultimately dismissed from Grey's Anatomy in 2007.

7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Is his black approval rating back up to 30% 007?

8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

2018 had the highest mid term black voter turnout ever.Dems also got the most mid term votes ever with 61 million,nearly matching Trumps 2016 63 million,first time in history the house nearly matched the presidents popular vote.Thank you black voters.Cant wait to see you in action in 2020:D

9. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

After the faggot incident Washington was shunned by Hollywood and the left and it made him angry coon.jpg

Sometimes when celebs can no longer make it in Hollywood they jump on the republican bandwagon to profit or attack Hollywood.Washington,Stacy Dash,James Woods, Adam Corolla etc are a few examples.

10. Getting there.

Trump’s approval with black voters in May 2017 was 17%, 9 points higher than his actual Election Day vote at 8%. That was still 2 points higher than Mitt Romney received. It hit a high of 21% in July and fell dramatically to a low of 5% during the Charlottesville controversy before, again surprisingly, rising back up to 17% in July two months later.

The last figure was 16% in May of 2018 with an aggregate across the 12 months of 14%.

Clearly, if even 14% translated into actual votes on Election Day 2020, then Trump would win in a landslide given the heavy concentration of black voters in swing states. Remember, he won in 2016 with just 8% support nationally among black voters

www.peoplespunditdaily.com/opinion/2019/03/04/what-would-trumps-rising-approval-among-blacks-mean-for-election-day/amp/

#10     Apr 2, 2019