Is Zerohedge retarded?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by lentus, Aug 21, 2019.

Are they retarded?

1. 1. mildly

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. 2. no, they are cool, dude

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. lentus

lentus

Why are they ALWAYS saying the sky is falling? is it their shtick? reminds me of gold bugs. any day is a good day to buy gold!

2. dozu888

dozu888

Doom sells. And you can see plenty of buyers on ET

tommcginnis, jys78 and rb7 like this.
  3. Their doom saying is not wrong, they are just early. Like most people. So you can't really trade off of them. But then, so can't I off of any other "news / opinion source". But I like to read ZH. I mean, what's my alternative? Read MarketWatch?

Their comment section is another matter. I have impromptu bets with myself how deep in the comments I have to go before jews are blamed. It doesn't matter what the topic is

Real Money, alfa8 and pstrusi like this.
  4. ET180

ET180

I honestly believe that ZH is a Russian-sponsored website with the mission of promoting anti-US propaganda. I don't bother to read the comment section as it's mostly vile and would not be surprised if it's mostly Russian troll farms generating the comments in an attempt to stir up anger towards America. They post a lot of articles from "Strategic Cultural Institute". That's a blatant Russian propaganda website. They don't even try to hide it. However, that said, they are usually the first to post EIA / API oil numbers and other economic data. I go there for the bearish perspective on the market. Most of the data that they post is from major banks. Just understand that they only post bearish content and be suspicious of the source.

alfa8 and Frederick Foresight like this.
  5. gaussian

gaussian

I get most of my financial opinions from Kramer and subsequently doing the exact opposite of everything he suggests.

It's worked for me so far.

Nobert, lentus and maxinger like this.
  6. maxinger

maxinger

Major problem is that almost all news failed to mention which target audience they are targetting. are they targetting the news at :

short term investors
    long term investors
    bankers
    fund managers
    bankers
    fortune tellers
    students
    scalpers
    day traders
    retirees
    politicians
    conman / scammers
    financial analysts
    etc

whether sky is going to fall down or not is an useless piece of information.
    because everyday is a good trading day !!!

In case of doubt,
    simply treat all news as retarded.

7. themickey

themickey

Ditto Mark Hulbert at Marketwatch, he reminds me of a reed blowing in the wind.

8. lentus

lentus

well.. if timing doesn't matter then they will always be right. doom will always come at some point. gold will always rally at some point. that point may be 5, 10 or 15 years away. so come on let's be serious :)

9. lentus

lentus

Kramer as the premier contrarian indicator. you may be onto something.

[​IMG]

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  10. lentus

lentus

Can we use Hulbert as a confirmation filter for Kramer? Of course, we're taking the other side.

#10     Aug 21, 2019