Is your QChart data unusually slow today?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Jordan, Jun 6, 2003.

1. ktm

ktm

I've noticed QCharts problems too. The E-Mini's were about a minute back and the TICK didn't work at all for most of Weds. The Yahoo board is pretty informative of major issues. Some Qcharts tech guys hang out there and there's another forum that has a form that you can send to QCharts that actually gets logged.

I am not sure who you guys are calling. I thought they laid off all the customer service folks years ago.

#11     Jun 6, 2003
  2. Haven't had any problems with the data feed with QCharts.
    It may depend on where you are. Austin, TX here.
    It's a fraction of a second behind the feed from my broker,
    but still reliable.

#12     Jun 6, 2003
  3. I have the same problems with the QCharts data feed stopping. Sometimes at incredibly important times! I agree with a previous post that their charting and UI is still pretty much the best out there. They just need to get the data reliable.

By the way has anyone managed to upgrade to 4.3 yet? I get an error installing it so i'm still running 4.2

#13     Jun 9, 2003
  4. I don't understand why some traders skimp and save money on their datafeed only to realize that you'll pay in the long run.

It's been a well known fact over the last couple of years that qchart data feed is horrible and unreliable.

If you guys are serious about trading pony up the money and get a reliable datafeed.

#14     Jun 9, 2003
  5. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Qcharts Feed has been really slow Friday and today.
    Changing servers doesn'tr eally help.
    Quotes are like 2 seconds behind.

#15     Jun 9, 2003
  6. Jordan

Jordan

I've been trading for 20 years so I remember the days way before the internet. And I'm not looking for nickles and dimes either so the delays are more of an annoyance than anything else. In fact it has been a well-known fact for MORE than "the last couple of years" that Q's data feed is poor. Truth is, I could do the same things I do now with Stockcharts.com for free.

Thanks for your suggestion though spreadem. While presuming that choosing QCharts implies a lack of seriousness about trading is way off, you have enlightened others perhaps that there are more reliable data feeds available.

#16     Jun 9, 2003
  7. Jordan

Jordan

No problems on the upgrade to 4.3 addict. I would call the tech support. Good luck with it.

#17     Jun 9, 2003
  8. Qcharts is a good tool for traders who trade from a medium to longer timeframe IMO.

For someone who considers themself to be a scalper or a very short term trader ... the aggravation of data problems isn't worth the few dollars saved. That's all I'm saying.

#18     Jun 9, 2003
  9. Agree and disagree. You are right that it is very foolish to try to save money on a trading tool. One trade that goes sour because of a problem pays for a year of a better feed. But I'm not sure I agree that other feeds are so much better. TradeStsation has plenty of problems, as does RT. I'm not impressed by the limitations of esig. Any internet feed will have issues. I used a sat feed and guess what, they have problems too, only they tend to be the kind that shut you down for a while.

I use QCharts for charting futures and indexes and to watch the hotlists. For that I think it is pretty good. I don't think I would want to trade off it by itself, but if you can compare prices to a broker feed like IB or Hammer, I think it is as good as any.

#19     Jun 9, 2003
  10. Jordan

Jordan

My feelings exactly on both points spreadem. I get frustrated enough with the spits and spurts throughout the day and those few pennies mean virtually nothing to me. I cannot imagine trying to scalp or trade from less than the 15 min chart using this package. Thanks for clarifying your point.

Out of curiosity, which datafeed(s) have you found to be more reliable?

#20     Jun 9, 2003