Is Your Back Still OK?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by miki-elephant, Oct 1, 2007.

1. I know this is completely irrelevant to trading. But when you trade long hours, you may face a health problem.

I heard one time that a floor trader's heart beats faster when he trades from his own judgement than that of a rancher who is accidentally kicked by a cow.

Mental health is very important. But here in this message, I would like to write about a back problem.

We, traders, researchers, whatever you name it, may end up having a back problem.

The reason why I decided to talk bout slipped disks is my teammate is going to see a doctor today. She has a backache. I hope she will be fine. I also hope everyone in this forum is OK.

There must be millions of millions of discussions of how to avoid slipped disks. So what I am going to say must be redundant or even meaningless, but from my experience when I stretch a little bit after I do something, say every one hour so, I do not have a back problem.

Let's have good trading with good health!

2. Bob111

Bob111

Agree with Longhorns. Chair is important, breaks every hour or so with some stretching exercises. Carpal tunnel syndrome can be another issue for folks, who spend entire day on computer. Pretty scary stuff. Spend almost a year to get rid of it.