Is WWIII coming?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MohdSalleh, Jun 5, 2010.

1. LOL, turkey air force
    [​IMG]

You misunderstood, clown. Turkey allows Israel to use its vast airspace for training purposes. Israel on the other hand lets Turkish pilots use their state of the art training facilities. You got it all wrong buddy.

#11     Jun 5, 2010
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol. I don't have to watch videos, I am the real thing. My boss was program manager for the Israeli Strike Eagle Program. I actually know what I am talking about. You seem to not know shit.

Frankly I would love to see Israel crush the Turkish military. It might give Iran a clue.

Turkey is a nation of fur-bearing girly-men who ran after the first shelling in WWI. There are 40-year old fighter pilots in the Turkish Air Force.

What you fail to understand about the IAF is that they are the absolute cream-of-the-crop of young men from that country. A 21-year old fighter pilot is rare in the IAF, most of the hot pilots are under 20 years old. They are extremely fit, extremely capable and unbelievably well trained. You just have no idea.

#12     Jun 5, 2010

3. Like I said before, Turkey should be left alone.

#13     Jun 5, 2010
  4. Sakasvelli (Georgia's guy) may have heard a similar talk from Israel. They got paid fees, training fees, and other money for software, videos, simulation games, etc. When the Russians headed south, the whole thing fell apart but not before the "skilled" Israel "experts" ran away like sissies in charter civilian airplanes.

Sakasvelli signed a blank check, and Sarkozy begged russia's president to give Sakasvelli a second chance. He even flew there to save the guy.

Turkey and the countries in the area probably took notice. Russian's move was real, Israel's advice/staffing of georgia was video games/etc.

#14     Jun 5, 2010
  5. Highly unlikely!

"The Turkish Air Force (Turkish: Türk Hava Kuvvetleri) is a branch of the Turkish Armed Forces. It is one of the oldest air forces in the world, and with a current inventory of more than 930 aircraft, ranks 3rd in NATO in terms of fleet size, behind the USAF and RAF. Supported by the TuAF's long-range in-flight refueling capability, the fighter jets of the Turkish Air Force can participate in international operations and exercises on all continents of the world."

From Wiki... we learn that the Turkish Air Force is 3rd in the world.

Israel's Air Force has about 750 aircraft. I'm not sure what would happen in an open conflict but at the moment Israel has a small advantage in aircraft due to the fact that they own several versions of the F - 15 Eagle Air Superiority fighter. While Turkey has the numeric advantage.

Turkish Air force

Personnel - 60100

Aircraft - 930

Israeli Air force

Personnel - ???

Aircraft - 750

However, when we compare the navy of Turkey to that of Israel it is obviously clear the Turks would obliterate the Israeli Navy... Again from Wikipedia...

Turkish Navy

Personnel - 48600

Equipment - 19 Frigates, 7 Corvettes, 10 Submarines and 108 Fast Attack Craft

Israeli Navy

Pesonnel - ???

Equipment - About 85 watercraft, 3 Corvettes, 10 Missile Boats, 3 Submarines

Obviously they're no match for the Turkish Navy!

#15     Jun 6, 2010
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Wow. Total nonsense.

Israel wins any military conflict with Turkey, air, naval, land. That is why turkey us backing off so fast. They don't want to be embarrassed in front of the entire world.

#16     Jun 6, 2010
  7. What exactly are you basing that conclusion on...?

#17     Jun 6, 2010
  8. Very possible. Turkey had a fairly long tradition of secular government, which is being reversed by the islamists now in office. Traditionally, the military made sure the governments adhered to secularism, so a coup would not be unprecedented.

Turkey is one of those countries that wants to have it both ways. They pretend to be our allies but backstab us on the eve of the Iraq war. They pretend to be part of europe, but turn around and try to thwart sanctions against Iran. Now they are trying to position themselves as the leaders of the islamist world by confronting israel. Of course, they are emboldened in doing this by Obama's obvious weakness and the feeling that he shares their desire to take Israel down a notch.

#18     Jun 6, 2010
  9. byteme

byteme

Great thread from 5 years ago, discussing who would be the victor in a hypothetical war between Turkey and Israel:

http://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/36-20488.aspx

Some of the comments are interesting:

"First and foremost, the State of Israel and the Turkish Republic will never be in a state of war" :eek:

Incidentally, Global Firepower lists Turkey at No.10 just ahead of Israel at No.11:

http://www.globalfirepower.com/

#19     Jun 6, 2010
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Air: Recent first-hand knowledge of both Air Forces
    Land: 1967
    Sea: USS Liberty

#20     Jun 6, 2010