Is World heading towards World War III?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by talknet, Jan 10, 2009.

Is World heading towards World War III?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    47.7%
  1. talknet

talknet

Best example-: What will happen if you give an AK-47 rifle to a hungry & poor man. Understandably he will rob a bank.

This true example had happened in Afghanistan when USA supplied sophisticated & high-tech weapons to hungry and poor Afghans. Now Afghanistan is the most dangerous & out of control place in the world.

Now World economy is poor and Hungry but this world has massive weapons.

#21     Jan 10, 2009
  2. Actually what would happen is the complete opposite:

1. Since Israel has been defeated by Lebanon, and now by even Gaza people, the weakest of the weak, Israel will sign a peace treaty with Pals and solve all the problems with Syria and Lebanon (return of Golan to Syria, Shebaa farms to Lebanon).

2. New US administration will be in synch with westen europe. Russia will stay quiet, but they may invade Ukraine, or Ukraine may decide to align itself with Russia.

3. Arab regimes will either completely democratize or they will be brought down by internal forces. If Hamas gets what they want by force like what Hezollah did, then the route that regimes like Egpyt and Jordan followed will look long and fruitless. Egypt 's military may feel low as they had to beg Israel to get the Sinai as a loser while Israel is giving Hamas and Hezb what they want from the position of equals. If things do not change in Egpyt, Egypt military may revolt against their leaders to honor/redeem themselves, and bring to their people true and honest leaders.

Israel will also be happy to see this happening, as a rich and democractic arab world is in its interest in a new reality, similar to the the old reality in which a poor and undemocratic arab world was in its interests.

I rather see a world of peace, and end of conflicts on the horizon. We are at the beginning of a new area of peace and prosperity.

#22     Jan 10, 2009
  3. talknet

talknet

Bomb Iran Israel pleaded to the USA

WASHINGTON – President George W. Bush rejected a plea from Israel last year to help it raid Iran's main nuclear complex, opting instead to authorize a new U.S. covert action aimed at sabotaging Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program, The New York Times reported.

Israel's request was for specialized bunker-busting bombs that it wanted for an attack that tentatively involved flying over Iraq to reach Iran's major nuclear complex at Natanz, where the country's only known uranium enrichment plant is located, the Times reported Saturday in its online edition. The White House deflected requests for the bombs and flyover but said it would improve intelligence-sharing with Israel on covert U.S. efforts to sabotage Iran's nuclear program

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090111/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_israel

#23     Jan 11, 2009
  4. talknet

talknet

Israel will finish military operations in Gaza in next 10 days and then Israel will bomb Iran.

Israel is highly desperate to bomb Iran's nuclear plant. It's understandable.

#24     Jan 11, 2009
  5. talknet

talknet

The Israeli Army has confirmed that Hamas has used an anti-aircraft missile for the first time since the start of Operation Cast Lead on December 27.

The resistance fighters have also launched anti-tank missiles as Israeli tanks and bulldozers still push into the costrel strip.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=81686&sectionid=351020202

#25     Jan 11, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

But imo what the world seems to be heading for will make WWIII look like a walk in the park.

#26     Jan 11, 2009
  7. talknet

talknet

I think 2 years back Iran said "Nuclear reactor is for peaceful purpose".

George Bush replied "If a B2 Bomber appears over Iran, it will be for peaceful purpose only"

Israel will finish military operations in Gaza in next 10 days and then Israel will bomb Iran.

#27     Jan 12, 2009
  8. talknet

talknet

$60 Trillion loss = Over-Trimming of world economy. The situation is "highly serious". According to Dr. Marc Faber, S&P 500 will reach 100-levels. So DOW Jones will also reach 2000-levels. This will wipe out further $60 Trillion.

That would be $120 Trillion loss for the world economy because Real estate and Commodities will crash Rock Bottom.

For past 80 years world economy has grown & crashed & grown bigger again. So people always think world economy will recover again.

Some damages are beyond repair. Example-: I used to trim a tree in my garden every year for 8 years. After each trim the tree would grow bigger & better. But the 9th year, I over-trimmed the tree and it never grew again. It Died.

#28     Jan 12, 2009
  9. talknet

talknet

I think rich people buy gold when they sense "big wars".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...ays-rich-turning-to-gold-bars-for-safety.html

#29     Jan 12, 2009
  10. "This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature. There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games. "
    Burroughs, William S.

#30     Jan 12, 2009