Is Woodie a fraud? YES...?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peppermint, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve-

First, did you bother reading the post? If you did read it you will see that I specifically stated "I do not blame Woodie." Don't be so quick to turn this into a chit-chat pissing match. I have some respect for you, we will see where it goes.

Second, rather than assume I've never commented on this before perhaps it may behoove you to use the search feature in the upper right hand corner.

Third, no I have never played any professional sports, have you? But I raced road bikes years ago. I also rode my mountain bike from Hanoi to Saigon and from Milan to Naples as well. Who cares? Would you like to know my golf handicap?

All I am saying is that Woodies' chatroom is BS. Do you agree or disagree? If you think it is on the up and up, who do you know that is making money?

Simple as that.

#11     Feb 28, 2006
  2. Agree 100%.
    I've looked into it years ago.
    Believe me, NOBODY there in makes big figures.
    Maybe some can barely live off it if they are good discretionary traders as well, but that's all.

That NQoos stuff (or sounding similar) is BS at the same level (but differently) - I had the impression years ago.

If you want to make money trading, YOU will have to do your own DD, with effort and in depth.

#12     Feb 28, 2006
  3. Woodies club and ET have a lot in common.

#13     Feb 28, 2006
  4. Oh, crap. If this is true then I am getting the hell out of here...:p

#14     Feb 28, 2006
  5. IMHO, Woodie's room is all about advertising his next seminar.
    They even give you the cost of the nearest Hotel and a cheapie
    that is close by too if you can't afford the $299 room.

And his price for his seminars is up to $350. It used to be $250.

I guess inflation is getting out of control!..:p

#15     Feb 28, 2006
  6. Yes, I trade the CCI and have consistently made money with it over the past 3 years. There is a lot of talent in Woodies room and a lot more on his website. I don't do trade-alongs... I believe you have to make your own calls and take responsibility every time you pull the trigger. If you can't take responsiblity for your trades (your own or others) you will NEVER make money in this business.

Ken Wood is a great guy and a first class individual. He is honest and generous with his time... to a fault. He is one of the finest people I have met in this business.

You all sound like a bunch of babies. I guess because he won't tolerate winers on his site you all have to come over here to vent. Well... vent away!! In the end... you will be washed out. But hang in there as long as you can... It is your money that supports the successful traders. Thank you for playing!

#16     Feb 28, 2006

7. I didnt really mean this to be a slam. I just have seen about the same cross section of people here as in woodies room. Some good, some bad. Some good information and a lot of bullshit. A few good traders and many hopefuls.

#17     Feb 28, 2006
  8. so which vendor are you from or are you from the CBOT?

my late father figured out that the only ones making money were those who were frontrunning the rest. Oh yeah, lets say how wonderfull he is because we cannot have anyone exposing our little game eh?

"newbies should stick to trading the close of the bar" and the old hands can trade 20 seconds earlier.

if that ain't front running then I do not know what is.

:eek:

#18     Feb 28, 2006
  9. I would like to think that the way we treat people in general is a direct reflection of "who we are".

#19     Feb 28, 2006
  10. Did Woodie help you in any way shape or form that improved your trading or understanding of the markets???

By the way...I think Woodies room is on the up and up and its because you said so yourself. :confused:

* I'll bet fewer than 10 people in that room make money.

Is this like saying there are some in the room that are profitable but the actual number is less than 10 traders ???

* Another one of the "stars" of CCI trading told me he was barely profitable.

Is this like saying he is profitable but just not meeting his expectations nor your expectations of what was promised to you that CCI could do ???

Ok...maybe I'm being picky with your words.

As for the MAW foundation...someone here at ET did contact them (I guess you can too if you really wanted to) and there indeed are donations from Woodies or via whatever mechanism he has setup.

http://www.wish.org

(Note: I used google and there seems to be different branches or chapters of MAW and you may need to ask woodie which particular branch he's donating the money to if this truly is a sincere concern of yours.)

Thus, maybe the issue with you about his donations is how is it being done and how much is he really donating after receiving money...

Is that what you really meant to say???

Further, I'm sure there's government agencies you can notify (such as the IRS) about Woodie if you think he's not donating the money he's receiving for donations.

There's been dozens and dozens of well known cases of people going to jail for such type of scams.

Last of all, does Woodie promise or states that you can make a living via CCI or does he state you can make money via CCI ???

There's a huge difference between making some extra cash in comparison to making a living...

I remember a conversation with a current or recent moderator and she said she and her husband supported themselves by doing odd jobs.

Now...you also posted (you admitted and I then looked it up) a past thread by you about the flaws with Woodie back in 2004...

Are you still using his room or the CCI since that prior message post ???

My point with this is that I visited Woodies room a few times with a duration no more than several trading days each.

I never saw any promises being made by Woodie nor any moderator that one can make a living via their particular way of using CCI.

However, I did see a few that stated in the room that they were profitable after some tweaking of the method...

I saw the same being stated here at ET by a few ET members also.

Yet, I did see a lot of hindsight analysis of could'uv, should'uv and would'uv type messages in Woodies room.

Simply, if Woodie was doing something illegal via the MAW...I'm sure we would have heard about it now because there's several government agencies that would love to here from you about details of his illegal activities so that they can shut down his scam.

You are implying he's doing something that's a jailable crime???

If not...what the heck are you trying to say via bringing up the topic...

Just how much money from the current trade-alongs goes to the MAW foundation? Or does the money collected really go into Woodies pocket?

What have you been doing since 2004 with the local authorities or MAW to find out if Woodie is doing something illegal???

Once again, in my short visits to Woodies room...I did not once see anywhere that states you can make a living via trading his particular way of using CCI.

Yet, I did see several traders state they are making money after tweaking the method.

Thus, sounds like they were saying that Woodies particular way of using CCI wasn't working but they were able to make some changes to make it work...

It also sounds like your saying (your quotes above) that it's profitable but the number of profitable traders in his room is so small or that their profits is so small that it doesn't come close to what Woodie promises that CCI will do for you.

Therefore, Woodies chatroom is BS (your quote again) and of course your not blaming him for anything.

If that's not what was meant...

My english comprehension skills sucks.

Then again...it is a second language for me :cool:

Once again, to those reading my messages...

I apologize for my poor writing skills and another long winded message that's difficult to understand or not coherent. :D

Ok...I admit there's some sarcasm in the above.

Seriously, Woodie makes his money from his seminars and a little money from software promotions and most likely made a little money from his own trading in the past.

Call the police...help.

Newbies...don't trust anyone doing charity...don't trust anyone that trades 20 seconds before the closing bar and stay away from those Vegas seminars or bring your camping gear because hotel costs is a rip off.

P.S. Take what I say with a grain of salt because its been a long time since I've visited Woodies room and things may have change (his promotions of CCI or MAW) since I've last visited and your experiences is probably different from what I saw.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#20     Feb 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.