Is welfare pointless

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Wrong. It's the way of nature and natural selection to punish failure and reward success. Turn that on its head as welfare does and you get the %@!& we have now.

#31     Jul 8, 2011
  2. People like Freethinker seem to have this mentality that all poor people only have children on accident. It never occurs to him that there are poor people who want lots of children. In 3rd world countries poor people have more children so they can be taken care of in their old age. If they had some kind of welfare there might actually be less children in overpopulated countries.

#32     Jul 8, 2011
  3. EXPLAIN PLZ

#33     Jul 8, 2011
  4. Well, if what you say about people being bad is true, we shouldn't bother eliminating poverty. Why throw resources down the drain on creatures that are fundamentally wicked?

#34     Jul 8, 2011
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

Perhaps. I think that is the view of the conservatives of old. But they are just as bad.

#35     Jul 8, 2011
  6. Illum

Illum

Dear Mr. Limbaugh,

I was speaking to an emergency room physician this morning. He told me that a woman in her 20's came to the ER with her 8th pregnancy. She stated "my momma told me that I am the breadwinner for the family." He asked her to explain. She said that she can make babies and babies get money for the family. The scam goes like this: The grandma calls the Department of Children and Family Services and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for these children. DCFS agrees and states that the child or children will need to go to foster care. The grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and thus receives a check for $1500 per child per month in Illinois. Total yearly income: $144,000 tax-free, not to mention free healthcare (Medicaid) plus a monthly "Link" card entitling her to free groceries, etc, and a voucher for 250 free cell phone minutes per month. This does not even include WIC and other welfare programs. Indeed, grandma was correct in that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" in the family.

I hope you share this story with your listeners so that they know how the ruling class spends their tax dollars.

Also, many thanks for the fine service you provide in educating people about the merits of conservative thinking.

Cheers,

Sebastian J. Ciancio, M.D.
    Urologist, Danville Polyclinic, LTD.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/breadwinner.htm

We need to remove these leeches. I am all for welfare if we did not have this disease in our society. As it is, NO. Its killing us.

#36     Jul 8, 2011
  7. piezoe

piezoe

The problems you allude to might be inherent in human nature, and consequently you can not eliminate them without changing human nature or eliminating humans from the planet.

It is rather obvious that all mankind is NOT created equally (even under the law!), and there is a very large variance associated with the intelligence and capabilities of Homo sapiens compared with other primates.

I think population control is the single most effective means we have of slowing the rate of entropy increase on our planet, but I think population control can only have an indirect influence on the fraction of the population that lives in poverty.

Perhaps it is time to consider positive incentives for not having children. I can think of legal ways this could be done.

#37     Jul 8, 2011
  8. Yes, we will get very far indeed focusing on outliers...

#38     Jul 8, 2011
  9. so we eliminate welfare and the innocent children starve.

i have a solution. there should be a test before you are allowed to breed. otherwise mandatory implanted birth control. no more women like this churning out kids. we cant stop there either. no more fat southern white women allowed to breed. no more creationists allowed to breed. we could improve the gene pool in no time.
    what do you think the chances of this plan passing?

#39     Jul 8, 2011
  10. Eugenics has a long and storied history in the US.

#40     Jul 8, 2011