Is welfare pointless

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Welfare doesn't work because it's unnatural by rewarding failure and punishing success.

#21     Jul 8, 2011
  2. I think eliminating poverty is as simple as giving people ownership of production facilities. Usually, this means land/agriculture + either apprenticeship or training. (Just seizing land and giving it to peasants doesn't work.)

Land ownership needs to be looked at more closely, because you've got hogs like the Queen Elizabeth who have something like 6600 million acres of land. Let's correct the excesses of the European monarchies and elite families before we go talking about the guy who can't even be a subsistence farmer.

I would like to see the UK become a republic and Canada reject the Queen as head of state. The queen didn't get that wealth because of generosity and virtue, I can tell you that.

#22     Jul 8, 2011
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

They are trying to turn it back that way.

#23     Jul 8, 2011
  4. Trader666: Welfare doesn't work because it's unnatural by rewarding failure and punishing success.

SouthAmerica: The biggest example of rewarding failure that we have had in the history of the world it was the massive Wall Street and banking bailout of 2008.

Trader666, a world that thinks like you it would be a complete catastrophe and a major failure in every way.

Let's not reward failure in any way:

Then corporations should eliminate any type of accounts where they write off their failures such as allowances for bad debt, and account to write off bad inventory.

Let's eliminate all kinds of subsidies for corporations because that is just a form of welfare for the rich.

Let corporations eat all their losses.

Let's stop innovation 100 percent because failure is not allowed anymore on Trader666 perfect utopic system.

Let's eliminate welfare and have people rioting all over the place and people with your mindset has to live behind the gated communities and they would be afraid of going outside of the wall at any time.

#24     Jul 8, 2011
  5. Without much success. The public, for whatever reason, accepts kings and queens without much thought as to how they became kings or queens. Oh, but we're so ready to give birth control to third worlders!

I blame this on fairy tales like Cinderella brainwashing children. You can't do work for the person ("evil step mother") providing you food and shelter, but you win some kind of magic pumpkin lotto and that's your ticket to giving the son of a murderer / ruthless thug (the prince) access to your vagina (oh, like Cinderella wasn't trying to social climb) in exchange for "happily ever after."

Sorry for the rather crude description. I'm just trying to point out the subtle brainwashing that happens to cause people not to question their circumstances.

#25     Jul 8, 2011
  6. Reply to Clearinghouse

"Let them eat cake"

#26     Jul 8, 2011
  7. It is hard for those "winning" the game they play to look at the other side and the implications. It is much easier to shut off the inner voice that seems never to be satisfied.

#27     Jul 8, 2011
  8. morganist

morganist Guest

I think the whole idea that a girl is only interested in the Prince is in the first place shallow. If you notice all of those fairy tales the girl always marries someone rich, good looking and powerful.

This is just because that is what women want. They are shallow full stop and no amount of alternative stores will stop that. Just face the fact that humanity sucks and if you don't they will have the advantage of being ruthless against you see you as weak.

They will make you a slave.

The fact is humanity never really worked. You probably don't believe in God. But even God said he regretted making us. The fact he planned to send most people to an eternal prison would indicate he thinks at least a lot of us are bad.

If you believe in evolution then the very concept is that people become bad.

Anyway. Whatever the reason people are awful now. Perhaps all the good people were wiped out in the wars?

#28     Jul 8, 2011
  9. zdreg

zdreg

the poor need more "pressure" to get them to go to work. in many western countries the middle class are not much better off the poor. when it comes to health benefits they can be worse off.

#29     Jul 8, 2011
  10. Excellent! Well said!

If I may attempt to amplify the point, no man will ever learn to succeed on his own, unless he's allowed to fail on his own.

#30     Jul 8, 2011