Is WAR coming , Again ????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Digs, Feb 11, 2008.

1. OMG I AM SEEING A STORY IN THE FUTURE

Saturday, August 02, 2008 :D

#11     Feb 11, 2008
  2. Corey

Corey

Please, don't think that I would ever advocate war. But I find that technology is pushed to it's limits during times of war, and those technologies tend to find their way into consumer goods during post war-time periods...

Just an observation.

#12     Feb 11, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

"We as Americans" don't advocate war. However, as an economic policy, the US Gummint HAS for years...

#13     Feb 11, 2008
  4. Regarding the first paragraph of the linked article, Tom Hagen, not Luca Brasi, went to Hollywood to talk with Jack Woltz.

However, perhaps the author wasn't too far off the mark, as Bush and Brasi are much more similar than Bush and Hagen, at least with respect to language skills.

What Luca Brasi planned to say to Don Corleone:

"Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your home on the wedding day of your daughter. May their first child be a masculine child."

What Luca Brasi actually said to Don Corleone:

"Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter's wedding [pause] on the wedding day of your daughter's wedding [pause]. And I hope that their first child is a masculine child."

Quotes courtesy of http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com/gf1/gf1quots.html

#14     Feb 11, 2008
  5. gnome--(Too deep for this board, I know... but what the Hell... I'm trying)

:D

what was it Foghorn Leghorn used to say...."I'm pitchin' son, I say I'm pitchin' son but you ain't catchin'!!!!"

#15     Feb 11, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

LOL... Story of my life... frustrating trying to educate the hoi polloi.

#16     Feb 11, 2008
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Again, I seriously doubt it will happen. There have been countless rumors of a U.S. attack on Iran (with all sorts of suspected motivations) and it still hasn't happened. I've been hearing this rumor since at least 2004 or 2005.

#17     Feb 11, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

Doesn't have to be Iran... could be anybody. Bush "declared war on Iraq" because he wanted to get reelected... no other reason.

#18     Feb 11, 2008
  9. Maybe their stock market section has tomorrow quotes?
    :cool:

#19     Feb 11, 2008
  10. MKTrader

MKTrader

It doesn't matter. Our troops/resources are stretched too thin as it is. We're already involved in two conflicts. Even if we were going to war for political/financial reasons, no cost/benefit analysis would support it. Won't happen unless we're really provoked or some other nation is attacked.

I have some knowledge and a background (military/industrial complex) to support my claims. Do you?

#20     Feb 11, 2008