Is volume overrated?...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by focusonmoney, Aug 16, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Try www.google.com

Amazing...

#21     Aug 19, 2010
  2. charts

charts

Post a price / volume chart snippet of an index (not thinly traded), where you think the volume and price don't correlate. Make it about 50 bars ... :)

#22     Aug 19, 2010
  3. charts

charts

... such affability and condescension ... :)

#23     Aug 19, 2010
  4. charts

charts

Volume increases => Price will continue its direction
    Volume decreases => Price will change its direction
    ... :)

#24     Aug 19, 2010

5. If that was the case we all would be rich.. High Volume push prices up or down fast... thats about it..

#25     Aug 19, 2010
  6. charts

charts

You have to see it on multiple fractals ... If you don't see it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist ... :)

#26     Aug 19, 2010
  7. Being the unsophisticated basterd that I am, the only consistent relationship I ever found was that extreme volume spikes signal a change in direction. Moderately useful, but I always found that following price was more profitable.
    To be clear: volume is useful, but price is better (of course this might either be because I haven't found the holy grail of volume, or you might not have found the holy grail of price. IMO, I of course would think the latter were true. Your opinion might vary).
    It's like commissions: would you choose a higher or lower one, all else being equal between two brokers?

#27     Aug 19, 2010
  8. i don't use volume much anymore

a price range can already tell me whether theres big volume or not.

#28     Aug 19, 2010

9. Now we know why your bride was smiling as she was walking down the aisle. She noo she’d given her last blow job.

#29     Aug 20, 2010

10. The homo from the Politcs forum, who loves to widen the circle of his male friends and who won't play chess because he doesn't want to sacrifice a Queen, speaks about technical stuff. God help us! :)

#30     Aug 20, 2010