Is visual Studio 2003 compatible with XP service pack 2

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bpatrick, Jan 26, 2006.

1. bpatrick

bpatrick

I would like to use Visual Studio 2005 but Realtick and Oanda aren't there yet and can't give me a time when they will be.
    Oanda suggested I buy Visual Studio 2003 which I did but it won't install. I 've been told that it's not compatible with XP service pack 2.
    Can anyone veryify this.
    Thanks

2. I just got a new PC with XP and service pack 2 installed. I had no problem putting Visual Studio 2003 on it.

3. bpatrick

bpatrick

Thanks.
    I bought mine off Ebay and it keeps asking me to install Visual Studio 2000. I emailed the seller and he's telling me 2003 isn't compatible with XP service pack 2.
    Thanks.
    I'll return it and buy it from a reputible seller.

4. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

It certainly is compatible. But you need the latest version of the Microsoft Framework, which will be included in your Microsoft Update downloads once you install VS 2003.

5. Sounds like he sold you an upgrade rather than the full product.

6. GTG

GTG

I too used Visual Studio 2003 with XP Service Pack 2.

He sold you a Visual Studio 2003 upgrade, not a stand alone version of Visual Studio 2003. Period. That is yoru problem.

I haven't done this, but anything you can make with Visual Studio 2003, you can do with 2005 as well. Probably you need to set your projects up so they link to .net 1.1 instead of .net 2.0 dll's.