Is USA going into Recession?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SuperCruz, Mar 13, 2008.

Is USA going into Recession?

1. No

27 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. Yes

85 vote(s)
    75.2%
  1. Fuck off, dirt bag.

#71     Jun 10, 2008
  2. You think we are in a recession??? Explain to me why I saw a little girl getting ice cream with her mom and smiling the whole time! You think that shows that people arent super dooper happy?
    People are thrilled they got their stimulus money. Things couldnot be better.

#72     Jun 10, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

I wouldn't say "we traded".. but rather G. Bush SHOVED IT UP OUR ASS... for his own personal agenda. :mad:

#73     Jun 10, 2008
  4. :confused:

#74     Jul 10, 2008
  5. Ashley

Ashley

if not then what the hell is it.

#75     Jul 10, 2008
  6. You have a point, HedgefunTrader2. However, children like the little girl of your example, may not understand the economic impact. Her mother might have bought the icecream to make her happy, and she is happy to have got her icecream. She might not know the value of the money gone in the purchase of the icecream.

If the mother was also smiling, then it might prove a point. However, was she smiling because she had money or because her daughter is so happy?

Children are innocent souls and should be left alone, let them live whatever they can as they shall grow up facing the troubles that we are facing now.

If you do not mind, please give examples involving grown-ups to prove your point. Thanks! :)

#76     Jul 17, 2008
  7. I was just about to start a thread asking this question.

I believe the quote, "All the indicators EXCEPT GDP GROWTH indicate recession." What are we left with? No recession. I guess if you keep saying there will be one, EVENTUALLY you'll be right. Keep playing. I'll be here all week.

No, really, by definition there is no recession. And, trust me, I would know what the definition is.

#77     Jul 17, 2008
  8. All this poll really shows is how misinformed and uneducated people are.

#78     Jul 17, 2008
  9. Stagflation like the 70's could put a damper on the economy Stimulus cheques or not. I guess there should be some sort of correction soon as people start to worry about the state of the economy lets just hope opec doesn't decide to lower quotas or even worse Israel decides to do something foolish in regards to the tensions to Iran then it could end up being a protracted stagflationary period which could see high rated of unemployment unless the fed was dumb enough to let inflation spiral out of control.
    Seems like Bush is doing an about face on the Iran problem and maybe it will just be a hopefully smaller energy crisis like the 70's that lasts until oil prices get corrected as long as there is no more bad news from the banking institutions it could just be a repeat of the 70's energy crisis.
    Few if's there just cross your fingers and hope nothing disastrous happens before January when Bush is out.

#79     Jul 18, 2008
  10. So many people were correct, and yet it could not be avoided. :( Could we not avoid the same?

#80     Nov 8, 2008