Is USA going into Recession?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SuperCruz, Mar 13, 2008.

Is USA going into Recession?

1. No

27 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. Yes

85 vote(s)
    75.2%
  1. piezoe

piezoe

It is not a matter of being for or against the war, its the reality of how the war has been financed that was the subject of my post. Also, to the best of my knowledge, the European Union has now "the largest most powerful economy in the history of the world", not the US, although no one would argue that the US economy is not a large and resilient one. And, i agree with you, the sky is not falling, at least not yet.

#61     May 6, 2008
  2. will the eu be sending participants to the olympics? or will the individual countries be sending members to the olympics? are they going to play a single team soccer match in the european cup this summer? or will there be two teams on the field for multiple matches?

the european union is not a country. it is not a sovereign nation.

there are people that advocate a similar union in north america with a united currency and freedom for workers to move from one country to another. that would not mean north america became a country.

#62     May 6, 2008
  3. This thread should be preserved for all time.

The minute the R word is mentioned, people here on ET breakout into a panic and take it onboard personally.

At the same time on another thread knowledgeable ETers are passing on their wisdom.

... buy the dips
    ... nothing goes up in a straight line
    ... keep emotion out of your decision making
    ... etc etc etc

Just goes to show how diverse the ET group really is.

by the way...... Is USA going into Recession?
    Are you referring to the current recession already in play, or the recession coming in the next cycle whenever that may be.

regards
    f9

#64     May 27, 2008
  4. #65     Jun 9, 2008
  5. Recessions are a product of sure mathematical equations, set by the smart money and the poeple who manage these banks, fed reserve etc. Before a recession can happen i believe you will see a huge ease of lending to rally the markets to new highs before all those loans are called back thus creating a crash. i think next 5 years will see a major rally in the markets thus further validating a real recession that is to come.

#66     Jun 9, 2008
  6. ellokn

ellokn

Recession or not (republican or Democrat?) is not the right question and diversions of what political party claims are only that -- diversions from the truth.

Never before has the US seen 500K home neighborhoods being abandoned. Yet that is now happening. 300/bu oil will be here sooner than we can imagine.

We are at the start of a monumental economic and social shift that most all readers on this forum will only live to see the start of.

http://publicpolity.wordpress.com/2008/02/26/death-of-suburbia/

Is the sky falling? No, but lifestyles and livelihood will be re-defined.

#67     Jun 9, 2008
  7. That's cause americans are lazy as hell, and fat too.

#68     Jun 9, 2008
  8. Nice post, fearless, amusing & ironic also. :) :D This thread was started 3 months back, and I was not sure whether USA is in recession or is going into, hence I asked the question? :p

By the way, what do you think, are we in or going into recession? :)

#69     Jun 10, 2008

9. Most COWARDS are in a recession. Did you not notice yet?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have seen massive evidence so far: NO RECESSION.

Show me a single quarter of negative GDP in the US since 2001 and that is a worldwide challenge to all the readers.

#70     Jun 10, 2008