Is USA going into Recession?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SuperCruz, Mar 13, 2008.

Is USA going into Recession?

1. No

27 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. Yes

85 vote(s)
    75.2%
  1. Sure, yes :) You are right, I can ask this question and am asking the same. :)

It will really be interesting to know what "can the worst be if recession happens"?

#41     May 6, 2008
  2. What do you think?

Wage stay constant over the past few years. Yet, cost of health care, energy, food sky high. Gas $4/gal, Milk $4/gal, bread at $3.

As long as people still has the plastic, they will ignore these signs.

#42     May 6, 2008
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Although you have slightly oversimplified, you are, of course, essentially correct. The driving force here is debt and the political necessity of monetizing that debt, to inflate our way out rather than produce (or tax) our way out. And a primary driver of debt is war. And the primary driver of that is stupidity. Where to start to unravel this mess? I suppose we have to start at the stupidity end and work our way back, step by step.

#43     May 6, 2008
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Let it slide, let it slide , let it slide! :cool:

#44     May 6, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

The political framework of America does not allow this.

#45     May 6, 2008
  6. piezoe

piezoe

While I hope you are mistaken, i suspect you are not.

#46     May 6, 2008
  7. well i voted early that we were in a recession already. that was wrong. the data says not yet in recession. the data is rear view mirror but my vote was in march and was incorrect.

the stimulus checks from the benevolent uncle should give us another quarter of growth. small growth.

#47     May 6, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

But, so what? Smoke and mirror deception. The money for the rebates is coming at the expense of increased deficit. That is, money is moved from the left pocket to the right and we're all supposed to applaud how well the right pocket is doing while disregarding the left?

#48     May 6, 2008
  9. [​IMG]

#49     May 6, 2008
  10. there is nothing wrong with borrowing if you pay it back. just like there is nothing wrong with using your credit card to smooth out rough patches.

#50     May 6, 2008