Is USA going into Recession?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SuperCruz, Mar 13, 2008.

Is USA going into Recession?

1. No

27 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. Yes

85 vote(s)
    75.2%
  1. the answer is no

#31     Apr 12, 2008
  2. lol.

#32     Apr 12, 2008

3. For the doom and gloom club, we are in a recession. Rest of us level headed people will get their numbers and decide if we are in recession or not.

#33     Apr 13, 2008
  4. Out purchase power has decreased 50% in 6 years. If that isn't a depression, then what is?

#34     Apr 13, 2008
  5. I agree with Hedgefundtrader2

#35     Apr 13, 2008
  6. either you arent familiar with HFT2's posts when you posted this or you are just insane like him :)

#36     Apr 13, 2008
  7. bdon

bdon

Just because I believe the US is headed into recession, does not make me a doom and gloomer. I simply accept the reality of the situation and plan accordingly. If the market went up every day then everyone would be trading and rich. We need poor saps like you hedgie to keep buying when you should be selling and sitting on the sidelines when you should be buying.

I love how what I see and feel on day to day basis isn't reality but what you make up in your head is.

Tails or no tails on that prom tux? oh wait I'm implying you have a date. No implying with hedgie, don't move until uncle george says so. He'll let the S&P go from 1550 to 1200, but until that 2nd quarter gdp comes out in august he's a bull, despite all the present information. SHEEP!

#37     Apr 13, 2008

8. You think you are being sane without proving that we are in recession? Can you back it up with empirical facts and numbers, not just how you " feel". Come on now..I have challenged you many times and you disappear with your tail between your legs.

#38     Apr 14, 2008

9. You declare you own recession and be done with that.

Buy a nylon rope and a plastic stool at Home Depot and hang your earthly fat carcass to the ceiling fan in a $20 motel room.

#39     Apr 14, 2008

10. Why ask this question?

Why not this question: Whats the worst that can happen to me if we get into a recession? Would you be eating turd balls with other lame idiots from ET at your local municipality sewer pond ?

#40     Apr 14, 2008