Is USA going into Recession?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SuperCruz, Mar 13, 2008.

Is USA going into Recession?

1. No

27 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. Yes

85 vote(s)
    75.2%
  1. It all depends on which political party, you believe shall win. As, Democrats say "Yes" while Republicans say "No".

Republicans' argument is that jobs are aplenty but people do not want to work.

Please give your opinions.

2. You're kidding, right?

3. The only recession is an imaginary left wing, Obama media generated one.

4. I love it.

I have a better quote:
    The war was won in Iraq, but our troops just don't want to leave.

5. eagle

eagle

They both just try to protect their political gain. They are not revealing honestly what they really believe. D say Yes (if you keep the R in power; trust us there is a problem right now and we will fix that problem). While R say No (if you continue keeping us in power; trust us there is no problem keeping the economy running as this way). So who should we listen? The Market.

6. gnome

gnome

NO RECESSION...

1. The REAL reason we got into Iraq was so we could have a "war" to be winning and Bush wouldn't have to run for reelection during what he thought might be an economic downturn.

2. The REAL reason we're still in Iraq is because it's the tried and true excuse for military [deficit] spending. That spending boosts GDP, and Bush doesn't want the GDP to go negative... wants to claim, "no recession in my 2nd term".

Therefore, we're not pulling out of Iraq before the '08, election... even if there is proof all the Iraqi insurgents and all of Al Qaeda dropped dead.

7. amylase

amylase

"Is USA going into REcession?"

I voted "NO"

NO the U.S. is not GOING into a recession, because it is ALREADY
    in it LOL OPEN YOUR EYES!

8. we are already in a recession. the economic data is lagging.

9. already in recession

and we did win the war in iraq. being the police force in the middle of the sunni/shia power struggle for a disfunctional govenment has been too costly though.

10. "Sharp decline in jobs spurs recession fears" - Washington Post - ProQuest Archiver - Jun 3, 1995
    "Some Are Saying the Recession Is Already Here" - Los Angeles Times - ProQuest Archiver - Jun 6, 1995
    "Fed official urges recession alert" - Washington Post - ProQuest Archiver - Jun 7, 1995
    "Can Fed Rate Cut Overcome Stock Recession Nightmare?" - Los Angeles Times - ProQuest Archiver - Jun 5, 1995

1995 saw no recession. Like always, we will only know for certain after the fact.

#10     Mar 13, 2008