Is US equity market getting old (mature)?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Technically, the only way out is to devalue or default. War isn't a direct way out of our debt unless we can actually kill all the holders of the debt :) But you're right, both lead to a destruction of the currency and inflation.

#11     Jan 21, 2013
  2. #12     Jan 21, 2013

3. Sounds like a good SHTF plan to me. lol

I think I'd rather be in rural town MN than downtown NY or Chicago when things go tits up.

But who knows, you could have that farmland and ammo sitting around for years.

I remember in PTJ "Trader" movie they were scared the world would blow up due to all the debt at the time. That was back in 86. The music is still playing 20+ years later.

#13     Jan 21, 2013
  4. dude... Walmart is completely out of bullets you can kill people with.. they have rat shot.. thats about it ..

#14     Jan 21, 2013
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here is a trivia question for you:

Do you know why people are buying guns and bullets?

They are a risk asset. They actually appreciate in value. Historically speaking, there have been times their values have gone parabolic. Very much like say.....a stock. A $500 or 1k investment could be worth 20k 2 years from now. Whenever you see people buying something with short supply and there is no decay in it's value, it might be a good idea to get long that investment. What's essentially happening is a market corner. Smart people right now are buying things that have "sustainable" value. As I mentioned before, these are things like farm land, land in general, metals, guns, ammo. On the higher end, diamonds, art, even antique cars. Yes, there are cars that actually appreciate with age.

Bullets are not being bought to kill people with btw. No more then art is being bought to be looked at. It's your money, invest it wisely. :)

#15     Jan 21, 2013
  6. makes complete sense..

#16     Jan 21, 2013
  7. Josef K

Josef K

We've had two wars over the past twelve years and they've only served to put us deeper in debt.

#17     Jan 21, 2013
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Two? We've had a few more then two. LOL.

Anyway, we have not really had a currency war yet. Just wait.

#18     Jan 21, 2013
  9. Bob111

Bob111

+1

#19     Jan 21, 2013
  10. hajimow

hajimow

It seems that every country wants to devaluate its currency.

#20     Jan 21, 2013