is United States Doomed?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by traderzhangSan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Retief

Retief

I don't wtf the US is waiting for. Most of the western world is teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. I say drill, lubricate the wheels of commerce, and let OPEC go bankrupt.

#11     Jun 9, 2010
  2. How on earth could you possibly ask if the US is screwed?????? Of course we are not screwed!!!! Why the average household (with income of approximately $50,000/year) will soon easily pay off the $1,277,000.00 that it owes in liabilities to the government! Heck, the US household (approximately 4 humans) could just chose to easily pay off the present liabilities of $13,000,000,000,000.00 with that $50,000.00 per year! Why that is only a mere $156,000.00 per household. I don't know of a single household that wouldn't jump at the opportunity to spend the next 3 years and 1 month working solely to pay off present US government liabilities!

-gastropod

#12     Jun 9, 2010
  3. M3 is not published so where did you get it from?

#13     Jun 9, 2010
  4. I was wondering that myself when the thread was started and wanted to see how this played out, no one questioned the OP on that.

#14     Jun 9, 2010

5. I disagree totally with paragraph 2. Obama is not to blame for any of this. There is a tendency in American politics to always shift the blame to whomever is in office at the current time. This lack of accountability is the main problem with our country.

I'll give 3 examples to make my point. 1) Gold was ~ $40 per ounce when Nixon took us off the gold standard in ther early 70's. With gold's being ~ 1240 an ounce now, it's clear the dollar has lost ~ 96% of it's value. Is Obama to blame for that? 2) There was ~1T in total debt during the start of the first fiscal year Reagan was responsible for. There was~2.9T in total debt at the end of the last fiscal year Reagan was responsible for. Was Obama responsible for the tripling of the debt in 8 years, which signaled the start of the massive debt expansion? 3) The last two budgets signed into law under Bush II's reign added almost 3 T to the debt ( granted Obama may have been responsible for some of the added spending in the 2009 budget.)

So, why is Obama to blame for a situation that has been building for almost 40 years?

#15     Jun 9, 2010
  6. spinn

spinn

You are an idiot. It is the trend he is starting. The debt will be 19 trillion in ten years, you can vote for him again.

#16     Jun 9, 2010
  7. Cuz he keeps pouring gas on the fire.

#17     Jun 10, 2010
  8. Retief

Retief

The honeymoon is over. Obama's in charge now and has been for a awhile. He has solid majorities in both houses. He's got his gal Sotamyer on SCOTUS (the wise Latina). Like Harry Truman said, the buck stops with the POTUS. If Obama can't fix anything, get him the hell out and get someone in there that can. Someone that's want to drill, mine, slash government spending, kick illegal immigrants the hell out, stop the H1B visa fraud, and get Americans working again.

Paid for by the Committee that ANYBODY is better than phucking Obama.

#18     Jun 10, 2010
  9. You are an idiot ( just repeating your opening sentence). Do you dispute any of my facts? Do you have any of your own? The trend started 40 years ago. Many major economists agree with my facts. If you want to ignore the 12T debt in place before a budget passed on Obama's watch, be my guest.

#19     Jun 10, 2010
  10. Retief

Retief

It doesn't PHUCKING matter when the trend started or who started it. The only thing that's relevant now is whether the people in charge are doing things to end the trend or at least not make it any worse.

Obama fails at that. He's making it worse, so he's got to go.

#20     Jun 10, 2010