Is Trading Worth the Effort?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Corallus, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Look at it this way. Even if it's hard, and even if you only make $100 a month (trading in addition to normal job of course), would you rather be $100 richer or not. I think any money you earn trading makes it worthy, how much worthy depends on you.

#21     Jul 27, 2003
  2. I used to do engineering and I hated to get up in the morning to go to work because I just wasn't into it anymore. That said, I can't wait to get up in the morning to start trading (even before I started to make money consistently-took one full year to do so). Also, I love to study my trades at night and also spend a few hours on the weekend studying trading too. I used to hate working on weekends at my old job, but we were forced to sometimes. So I guess if you really like trading, the effort it takes to succeed at it won't seem all that bad.

#22     Jul 27, 2003
  3. seriously. since i started trading, weekends drag on forever.

#23     Jul 27, 2003
  4. Dustin

Dustin

Woohoo tomorrow is Monday!

#24     Jul 27, 2003
  5. totally. can't ask for more than that can we? well, actually...

#25     Jul 27, 2003
  6. KavMan

KavMan

Oh god yes!!
    15 hours and 45 minutes till markets open :D

#26     Jul 27, 2003

7. Isn't Sunday night great...we get to work tomorrow.

A few years back, I would actually figure out exactly when the weekend was 1/2 way over.....to the minute.

How crazy is that?

But, then again that was during the roaring 90's. It was like being a kid in a candy store.

#27     Jul 27, 2003
  8. May that enthusiasm never be dampened. :)

Best
    Natalie

#28     Jul 27, 2003
  9. funky

funky

yeah, sundays are my favorite days now. says alot i think :)

#29     Jul 27, 2003
  10. TGregg

TGregg

I'm pretty surprised nobody posted this idea already. Option 1 includes this: "trading is easy and is the best career in the world."

Those two concepts (easy and best) do not go together.

The best career for one is not the easiest. Good grief. You gotta have some challenge, something to sink your teeth into (or else it sinks it's teeth into you), somebody to swing your club at.

It would break my freaken heart if the markets were reduced to simple button pushing, and all I did was push buttons and rake in a decent living. I cannot take "easy". I dunno about the rest of you, (sadly ET seems more composed of wanna-bes and trying-to-bes (like me) than the ol' traders of lore) but I wanna fight in the arena and duke it out, mob to mob. Let the bulls and bears fight, and let them bleed. Let the winners collect, and the losers pay. Let the race go to the swift and the brave and let the fools and cowards fall to their knees.

Aye, it is almost Monday. Sharpen yer swords and tighten yer pants, me swabbies. Look with scorn at the rude and insolent wanna-bes that riddle this board. Then, swing into battle tomorrow morning. For ours is the glory, ours is the fame, and most important, ours is the riches! Well, some of us at least :D

I've rambled a bit, but I think my point is there. I've had easy jobs that made serious coin - they all sucked after a while. Some big shot (I think he wrote "Swim with the sharks") said something to the effect of "If your job is too bleedin easy, you'll eventually screw it up, just to give yourself something to do." I'm not going to spell out my credentials, but I am walking evidence of the truth of that statement.

So don't pick trading as a career cuz you think it's easy.

Man, Pirates of the Caribbean is a good movie, BTW.

#30     Jul 27, 2003