Is Trading Worth the Effort?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Corallus, Jul 26, 2003.

1. IMHO - there is probably no better way to really get to know one's self better than to trade the Emini S&P.

Its not about winning money or succeeding at getting rich - its about your ability to feel the market, know what it feels, feel what it feels ....

.... and then take what is rightfully your's.

Bling, Bling.

:cool:

#11     Jul 26, 2003
  2. It freed me from corporate slavery, and I prolly make more than my former office buddies ever will... so, yes, it's worth the effort... but, be warned, it can take a few years before it all comes together for you and starts to pay off...

#12     Jul 27, 2003
  3. i will never quit, but it hasn't paid off yet.....

#13     Jul 27, 2003
  4. LOL!!! :D

#14     Jul 27, 2003
  5. I trade to make money, support my family, save for the future, but not learn something about myself. That must be an added bonus I am not using. The tuition is less than any professional school. Yet the potential rewards are far greater.

No occupation that almost anyone can try allows the same freedom, flexiblity, and financial opportunity that trading does. Trading is the best. But I love it, so I am biased.

Pay the tuition.... unless you hate trading.

#15     Jul 27, 2003
  6. True.
    But most losers never realize this as they numb themselves to the losses they incur; and thereby they trade from a position of denial and dishonesty - which prohibits the surfacing and subsequent purging of all the obstacles people set for themselves.

#16     Jul 27, 2003
  7. Amen to that.

#17     Jul 27, 2003
  8. In just one word - Yes! Deffinitely! Absolutely! Of Course!

Oops - that's more than one word... :)

best

Natalie

#18     Jul 27, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Plus, it's one of the few careers one can engage in naked.

#19     Jul 27, 2003
  10. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

There is no better business or opportunity on this earth such as trading for a living. The startup capital is much lower than what it is for most start ups, the overhead is low, controllable and scalable, the learning curve and success rate beats most start ups, the storefront can be anywhere you want it, no corporate politics or slavery, etc.

I have several friends and relatives dear to me who have been laid off and pushed out of the job market by age or lack of desire to find so called "security". Fortunately, they have found opportunity in trading. Its worth it.

#20     Jul 27, 2003