Is Trading This Easy or Am I Missing Something?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jinxu, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

There could be 100 banks on either side, stop fixation on generalisations, no 1 has the time to spell everything out in detail for you.

#51     Nov 22, 2017
  2. lcranston

lcranston

Doesn't matter how many there are on either side. The point is that both sides have their representatives. What matters is not who's doing what but what price is doing and where and how.

#52     Nov 22, 2017
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

But the point is, they may be fighting for control then run out of margin or change there side

Even then they won't match each other's orders you'll get spikes up and down, mini range.

#53     Nov 22, 2017
  4. lcranston

lcranston

Which matters if you're scalping. Otherwise, not.

#54     Nov 22, 2017
  5. schweiz

schweiz

This is a worthless statement as you are always right:
    1. hold and reward is big: you see I told you!
    2. hold and reward is small or even non existing: yes but I said "CAN" so it can also be "cannot". So I am right again.
    I know people who wiped out their account while trying to hold as long as possible.
    Maximizing profits has nothing to do with holding long. I have big winners in short time as well as in longtime trades. Timing is important, not the lenght of time. Get out when you should, no matter how long you are in the trade.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    #55     Nov 22, 2017
    Turveyd likes this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

Perhaps but we small retails provide them with their profits, either by handing over our money for them to manage or trading on our own. Either way they win.

#56     Nov 22, 2017
  7. However knowing ahead of when you start trading if it's going to be chop or not is required.

#57     Nov 22, 2017
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Not if you trade both mixed!

So i always trade chop, which if it goes trend my way i hold longer.

If it goes trend against i bail and switch sides on a retrace.

Ofcourse risk of many losses, but 80% profit recently so all good :)

* Very tired making no sense, long day up in 7hours damn it :(

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    #58     Nov 22, 2017
  9. danielc1

danielc1

But... But... I’m always right. You are forgetting rule number 3: letting your profit run. Not holding on to not performing or losing trade.

#59     Nov 22, 2017
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's tricky, never try to swing for the fence, every time I do that, it comes right back, then I get emotional as it's profits lost and a loss loss, then I end up holding it till margin call.

Haven't done that in about 3years thankfully :)

#60     Nov 22, 2017