Is trading sexualy inviting...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pierre Racine, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Hmmm...Liar's Poker

I've been doing this too long...

#51     Apr 15, 2005
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Liar's poker is a game that combines statistical reasoning with bluffing. What you can find on ET is very little of statistical reasoning and lots and lots of bluffing!

#52     Apr 15, 2005
  3. I meant the book - I remember reading that bit about Lewi Raneri... I was told you can't be in this business without reading that book or watching "Wall Street" when I first started working on the floor

#53     Apr 15, 2005
  4. thunder and maestro,

... straddle both of you and lock you in your trade/deal ...

jana,

lew is just another fat guy, he only 'made' the mortgage market back in his day at salomon, nothing too fabulous...reading is fundamental...

he had a hard time after salomon busted his knee caps but because of his insatiable appetite he ate big meals soon after

never underestimate a hungry fat guy, right maestro?

alex

#54     Apr 15, 2005
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Shorty and Jana:
    Thanks for lightening up this miserable Friday. IBM just blew me out of my "solid" profits for this week by pushing my April Puts (that suppose to expire peacefully today) in the money with a definite assignment tomorrow. So yesterday I was a pig, but today I'm a "lean hog" :)

#55     Apr 15, 2005
  6. I've had a horrible two days and the convo helped lighten it for me, too - nice to know "the bettys" made you guys also feel better!

#56     Apr 15, 2005
  7. syrre

syrre

Spot on! Couldnt agree more.

#57     Apr 15, 2005
  8. Check out shorty! She's been around the block...she's an active trader.

Damn, I'm getting all tingly.

:cool:

#58     Apr 15, 2005
  9. this week proved difficult to wade ... it's nice to have good convo and not take oneself too serouisly even if you cracked the guy next to you in the nuts on your last trade ...
    thanks betty
    :D

alex

#59     Apr 15, 2005
  10. See my sig.

Whoops, ET just banned sigs. Well it used to read:

"Please, I'm not a daytrader, I'm an "Intraday Liquidity Provider" :p "

#60     Apr 15, 2005