Is trading really this easy ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wiesman02, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Morton's

Morton's

Wise,

I did a quick scan on news items for RDN.

Looks like it has had some really serious trouble recently and then issued some good news re: liquidity.

And it looks like you surfed on some very serious short covering.

The % of the float short is 21.6%

That is huge.

At 10 am the stock was up 6%. In this market, that is kind of generic for a "news stock." The vol and the short interest are unique IMO.

Particularly the short interest.

#11     Oct 29, 2007
  2. dafong

dafong

you do realize the last couple of days have all been U-shaped, basically drop early in the day, bottom in the middle of the day, then rally at the end?

basically, you coulda bought SP500 and benefited.

#12     Oct 30, 2007
  3. Ok ... you really need to get off of the cloud. Trading is not easy. Daytrading is not easy. Please remove easy money from your vocab. You will lose money from this attiutde. Breakouts work until they don't. Everything is easy in hindsight. Your perceptions are waaaay off right now.

Here's some analysis... where was your stop loss? If bottom of range, you had a 1:1 r/w ****IF**** you banked at the very top. If middle of the range its still barely 1:2 r/w and once again its *****IF**** you banked at the very top.

Not saying it's not possible but there are better setups out there... pure breakout setups like this work great in a bull market where everything goes up day after day after day, but its not always that easy.

Also... reading the tape/charts will take a lot longer than you think. But, I don't know your experience so maybe you will prove me wrong.

#13     Oct 30, 2007