Is trading really hard work?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hurricane_sh, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Carlll

Carlll

Well, I find that in the beginning it really is hard job, but isn’t it the same with any other job that you start? With experience things will become much easier and after some 10 years on the market, trading will become piece of cake? Right?

#101     Aug 13, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Haha, just saw your nick for the first time. I think I know from where you got it. :thumbsup:

#102     Aug 13, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

That is STILL in my head. :confused:

#103     Aug 13, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Haha, it has been in head since I first saw it Lord knows how many years ago. Boat nectar. WTF!

#104     Aug 13, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. not really...someone who trade 10+ years and are breaking even or losing money...never really learn how to trade properly....making the same mistake over again and again. And never learn from their mistakes. just because someone who is old doesn't make them wiser.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    #105     Aug 13, 2019
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

"Success is Like Being Pregnant: Everyone Says Congratulations, but Nobody Knows how Many Times You Got Screwed"

I do not care if someone trades Successfully 30 seconds a day, 10 minutes or three hours. He got there because he put the blood, sweat, and tears. For some, this effort is part of their DNA, and they get there because of their discipline and procedure. But they never call it hard work because for them it is evident that there has to be a procedure.

Any profitable traders lost at some point. Some make the process conscious and learn from their mistakes and carry on with the will to succeed. Bottom line, I do not judge any success. It takes some serious effort to get there, and whatever we call it after that is irrelevant.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    #106     Aug 13, 2019
    zdave83 likes this.
  7. To trade, one needs to do homework as you are a learner but in my case what happen is when i work really hard it doesn’t yield desired results but when i just take it easy it works for me.

#107     Aug 23, 2019
    easymon1 likes this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

Not to worry, after about ten years, it starts to get slightly easier.

#108     Aug 23, 2019
  9. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

Every moment I traded I felt like my head was on a swivel. Every tomorrow always felt like the great unknown. Your being subjected to variability never increases or decreases no mater how much experience you have. Over time you become more competent, but 'easier,' I'd say no. I eventually burned out so badly that I quit entirely.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    #109     Aug 23, 2019