Is Trading Itself a Bad Trade? I Analyzed the Industry- Prove Me Wrong

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cityboy12, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Alexpung

Alexpung

First you have to define what is trading.

I once go long on the NIY at about 18000 with the intention of holding it, rolled it a few time and exit at about 22000. Is it trading or investing?

I hold some of the stocks long term but I also sell them as appropriate and I also trade interest rates, am I a trader or investor?

#561     Mar 12, 2019
  2. ironchef

ironchef

You are not an investor if your short term loser becomes your long term buy and hold.

#562     Mar 12, 2019
  3. Sprout

Sprout

The English lit grad gave up on his passion and decided to work in a warehouse.

Still, it’s just a stepping stone and creating some clarity on what they want and whether they are willing to go for it with what comes after life in an Amazon Warehouse.

#563     Mar 12, 2019
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. Visaria

Visaria

I think you do ....please prove* me wrong.

*I refer you once again to the title of this thread.

#564     Mar 12, 2019
    CSEtrader likes this.
  5. Alexpung

Alexpung

I intend to hold most of my position long term (2+ years) but won't hesitate to sell if I deemed appropriate.

#565     Mar 12, 2019
  6. ironchef

ironchef

I was saying it in jest. So, you really don't have to defend your post.

Anyway, sounds like you have a good strategy you are comfortable with, so go for it.

Best wishes.

#566     Mar 12, 2019
    CSEtrader and Alexpung like this.
  7. I know this thread is a couple of weeks old, but for anyone who is interested, I feel fairly confident that I have uncovered the true identity of "cityboy12." If not, then I have stumbled across someone whose place of origin, life experiences and expressed opinions are parallel those of cityboy12 in a "ripley's believe it or not" manner. Just watch this 12 minute youtube interview with none other than (drum roll, please): Anton Kreil! (Am I the only one who thinks that name sounds like a James Bond villain?) Yes, I know that one or more previous commenters already suspected that cityboy12 was Kreil (although cityboy was evasive when that suspicion was raised), but I really think this interview confirms it beyond a reasonable doubt:

#567     Mar 26, 2019
  8. Visaria

Visaria

Yeah, I suggested it was Anton or one of his associates or students.

Nobody cares, mate.

#568     Mar 27, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  9. What has any of this to do with just trading your money and making a profit? The institutional side of the business does not have anything to do with me making a living, which I do.

#569     Mar 27, 2019
    CSEtrader and murray t turtle like this.
  10. Visaria

Visaria

Cityboy DEMANDS proof! You MUST supply him with it.

Not that he supplied any proof of his success when i asked him.

#570     Mar 28, 2019