Is Trading getting Harder ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hippie, Jul 20, 2010.

1. spindr0

spindr0

Is Trading getting Harder?

Not at all. It's getting easier all the time.
    Making money is the hard part!

:eek:

#11     Jul 21, 2010
  2. maxpi

maxpi

I'm still analyzing what I did versus what should have been.. my pace is just a few trades a day, all after 7am, all with the trend. If I want to make more, to optimize the income, it will be with automation, I'm a programmer, can do that. The manual screen trading is supposed to just be some steady money to supplement other incomes, it's supposed to be fun and educational really... so Monday, there was not much news to shake up the markets, there was a big overnight downtrend but an uptrend from pre-market hours... so the idea that a man with two watches never is sure what time it is applied. I kept changing my opinion of what the trend was and I traded back and forth and quit just before the first trade of the day that would have worked for me... it was truly worst case scenario for me, signals were late to the moves and backfired, I couldn't settle my opinion about the trend, trend indications failed, gal pal woke up and I lost $75 just for hugging her and not watching the screen... I was tired too, drank a little too much wine Monday night.. and overconfident... it sent me back to school, I'm redrawing the trading plan a little, living and learnin... where's that bottle of Jarrow Neuro Optimizer?

#12     Jul 21, 2010
  3. why did you make mistakes...your no newb., i know this

a down day is one thing but making newb mistakes by trying to force a profit is another. no excuse for that.

a down day does not necessarily mean you did wrong.

today was tough. they happen.

what happened?

#13     Jul 21, 2010
  4. MGB

MGB

Is that pronounced Pet-samo or Pets-amo?

#14     Jul 21, 2010
  5. bat1

bat1

Time to throw in the towel, and get a real Job!:D

traders are nothing more then a trade away from
    the soup line:D

Trading is a zero sum game!

a few months of good wins then a bad month of losses
    and you end up where you started if your lucky at least.

People with Bank CD'S and a real Job
    do better in the long haul:D

:D :D :D

#15     Jul 21, 2010
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Uhh, yeah, I had a real job and a 401k for decades, been there done that, bought the tee shirt... WIN stands for Work Is Nonprofit...

#16     Jul 21, 2010
  7. Greetings maxpi (a name from the past). Forgive me if this memo is not as upbeat as I usually am but my tingling is especially bad in the feet tonight. In fact I just got back to my computer after a prolonged absence, (the wife has the monthlies) so I was just seeing if anything new had been posted out there in dirty land, and the tingling was crazy. Can't even do that. Took my kid fishing for the first time and it felt like scratching something off a bucket list. Took the training wheels off this weekend. Check. Saw first real tennis court- hit balls. Check. God I'd better not run out of things to do. I'm supposed to be seeing a neurologist but I'm chickening out. I'm not even checking my emails where my bloodwork lays waiting. I'm a firm believer in what I don't know can't hurt me... why me? Why now? I'm having dreams about a guy in a white coat telling me I have a huge tumor... pressing on some nerve then there's the other dream when the doc says it's just magnesium and then after a beat because your damn pancreas is toast.... please not the organs.... kamla kamla, kamla... The ironic thing is I'm heading into a two week vacation planned long ago at Fire Island; a time period in which I will employ a Sedentary lifestyle *From Wikipedia,
    "Couch potato" redirects here. For other uses, see Couch potato (disambiguation).

Increases in sedentary behaviors such as watching television are characteristic of a sedentary lifestyle
    Sedentary lifestyle is a medical term used to denote a type of lifestyle with no or irregular physical activity.(except ping pong and kadeema) [1] A person who lives a sedentary lifestyle may colloquially be known as a couch potato or a stock broker. It is commonly found in both the developed and developing world aqnd Fire Island. Sedentary activities include sitting, reading, vomiting watching television and computer use (Wii)_for much of the day with little or no vigorous physical exercise. A sedentary lifestyle can contribute to many preventable causes of death.

In this manner I will consume vast amounts of rum and gin (never on the same day). and eat WAY too much food from Delfiore's Pork store in Patchoge!My wife's bro is a hard core broker and he comes week two...so there will be some of that devils dust there too... I know it. Same as every year this time except he's divorced now... the circles of my tree stump blip in this season...The cycles of life are so crazy now... Not a good time to have tingling in hands and feet.

You know what? I'm going to make that damn Dr's appointment but after this last vacation. It's paid for after all- the house and damn if I'm going to bring everyone down with my moping. Maybe I'll book the appointment tomorrow but for after the vacation.

The blood work I should look. I really should. But I can't. My pinkie is cramping. Kind of getting these hand cramps lately. Forget you heard that. oh double damn.

Taking all of this into account maxpi does your one day of indecision look so bad? Never go automated my friend you will join with the devil. Never ever. Every stock has it's own flows, don't worry big picture to start the day, which stock is in favor, who is yet to report and how can you nail the trade?

Another trick is when you have a day like that just buy OVTI at the close. ~stoney

#17     Jul 27, 2010
  8. No, period.

#18     Jul 27, 2010
  9. LOL!

You have been an asshole to my posts, but this post of yours is good!
    You are finally making good contributions.

#19     Jul 27, 2010