Is trading Gambling or not .."What say You" Vote here.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Apr 10, 2005.

Is Trading Gambling or not

This poll will close on Jan 12, 2060 at 11:25 AM.
  1. Gambling

460 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Not Gambling

854 vote(s)
    65.0%
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

are not objective, that was my point but obviously went over your head. By the way the answer isn't even up for a vote, it simply depends on DEFINITION.

I will try for the last time, maybe s l o w e r, so everybody gets it.

Hey people, let's vote on: Are tomatoes vegetables? Even if 99% says yes, the correct answer is still a big fucking no, because it is by definition and classification a FRUIT.

Tomatoes are berries, and berries are fruit. Now you all know...

#1291     Sep 2, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  2. themickey

themickey

I'm running a new version algo, can't backtest it, only way to test it is to set it spinning, it's like a loaded dice. Anyhow I've been trading some penny stocks, yesterday one was (a) 1c buy, today (b) 4.3c buy and (c) $1.07 buy (not really a penny)
    Results (a) flat, (b) +12%, (c) flat. After 1 hour of holding.
    It's all a gamble.
    Here's the chart of the one which is not a penny, this one is a falling knife. (I enjoy falling knives)
    index.png

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    #1292     Sep 2, 2019
  3. tomorton

tomorton

Its not me who wants the results, its ES. I know what trading is and I know its not defined by a popular vote.

I already posted way back that trading is NOT gambling but the only people who don't understand that fact (not opinion) firstly don't understand gambling, and secondly they don't understand trading. Other than that they're good blokes really.

#1293     Sep 3, 2019
  4. themickey

themickey

The next algo I'll write will emulate a spinning dartboard.
    I'll code it up so a monkey can understand it.
    I should make lots of money as I intend to raffle them off.

#1294     Sep 3, 2019
  5. tomorton

tomorton

That's a fantastic idea. I just bought a ticket in a raffle in which the first prize is a monkey so obviously I'm in.

#1295     Sep 3, 2019
  6. sillyw10

sillyw10

it depends on how many drinks they have taken :)

if you asked on a US forum..Are US men gullible..what do you think the answer would be !!!!!!!

#1296     Sep 3, 2019
  7. Gaston

Gaston

Whether forex is gambling or not it depends on the forex trader rather than the asset class itself.

#1297     Oct 29, 2019
    KCalhoun likes this.
  8. tomorton

tomorton

This is so tedious.

#1298     Oct 29, 2019
  9. mlawson71

mlawson71

One can trade like they're gambling but no, forex is not gambling.

#1299     Oct 29, 2019
  10. bulls95

bulls95

Not at all. I won’t call it gambling in any case. You do a lot of research and analysis while you trade. Gambling doesn’t require any effort. Its juts your luck and trading is far from that.

#1300     Nov 1, 2019