Is trading Gambling or not .."What say You" Vote here.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Apr 10, 2005.

Is Trading Gambling or not

This poll will close on Jan 12, 2060 at 11:25 AM.
  1. Gambling

460 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Not Gambling

854 vote(s)
    65.0%
  1. So the origin of your position was that it was a "sure thing" ?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    #1181     Jun 2, 2018
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I propose 2 other inquiries:

1. Is getting married gambling or not?

2. Is getting a college degree gambling or not?

Oh what the hell:

3. Is having children a huge gamble? (what if the child is born with a defect? what if they shit on you after their teenager years? what if they die early?etc.)

4. Is having a surgery gambling or not? (success rate of lower back surgeries is not better than 50%)

#1182     Jun 2, 2018
  3. I pick the one marked in red

#1183     Jun 2, 2018
  4. %%
    NOT MUCH@ all.
    But about 20% do, in Millionaires Mind/Stanley. Therefore the lotto is still a stupid tax on people that cant do math. LOL

An old REALTOR friend told me once,dont buy that lake house, priced like a penny stock-almost LOL.[I thought to myself that would not be gambling] so i said ''why not.'' ''It has been moved '' ;which goofs up most houses!!!!!! So i would not call that gambling; but ''stupid risk'':D:D

#1184     Jan 29, 2019
  5. Everything is gambling in life , for instance 50 % of marriages fail , that means you can lose whole lot more money , or building a business , or punching somebody in the face , and eating raw oysters , all these things are forms of gambling.

But question is , how can you manipulate the odds , and how to make right choices and bets.
    But yes , trading is just another form of gambling.

#1185     Jan 29, 2019
    schweiz likes this.
  6. schweiz

schweiz

Except the fact that we all will die with 100% certainty, that's not a gamble.

In general the outcome is that the man will lose a lot in this gamble, and the wife will gain a lot.

Outcome from gambles can go from almost never a win to almost always a win. But it always stays a gamble. Only the probability to win changes.

#1186     Jan 29, 2019
  7. When you don't have enough knowledge and tools - it's definitely gambling. When you equipped with both - it changes everything.

#1187     Feb 7, 2019
  8. themickey

themickey

Wow nearly 1300 votes and "not gambling" by far the majority.
    But as the majority are nearly always wrong that means trading is gambling.

#1188     Feb 7, 2019
    NQurious and MaxProfit like this.
  9. tomorton

tomorton

I tossed a coin and it came up heads, "Not Gambling" so that's what I've voted. Seems like a good strategy to me..............

#1189     Feb 7, 2019
  10. schweiz

schweiz

A gambler always denies he is gambling. That's why he is a gambler. Just like most criminals in jail, who say from themselves that they are innocent.

About the votes: who voted for gambling probably is losing money and has no real working system to make profits. Who voted not gambling probably found how the market works and can take advantage of it.
    If I would go fishing I would catch no fish, while an experienced fisher while catch at the same place and the same time a few fishes. Fishing is not gambling if you have the needed knowlegde to make the difference. Idem ditto for trading.

#1190     Feb 7, 2019