Is Trading Ethical?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by toc, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Is playing poker game ethical?

For me it is a game, I am a player.

#31     Sep 9, 2006
  2. FutTrd

FutTrd

you come to ET, and you question trading ethics.

I CAST THEE to hell of blown up accounts

or maybe you are already there

well let me explain the whole thing by asking

is it ethical for my neighbor Pizza place to make money of me

why don't they charge exactly the amount of cost of production

think about it, they used products to make a mushroom and anchovies pizza

the slapped together this pizza and now this pizza is being traded for money.

I get pizza they get money, is this ethical

moderator should delete this thread

this is not ET material

#32     Sep 9, 2006
  3. Is trading ethical ?

Is entrepreneurship ethical ?

Is enterring a market of any kind ethical ?

Is nature ethical ?

Is Darwins theory fair ?

..............................................................................................

Trading is indeed an ethical and just way of making a living...trading is how people obtain diversity amongst products...Trading prices in the markets is a job....Trading anything can be a real job if margins can be derived...

Trading products is what many people do......a lot of them...trading the product...not creating the product is absolutely ethical....

#33     Sep 9, 2006
  4. yea like killing babies is legal but that makes it ethical? if u think the successful traders don't make "hard earned money then think again".....most of us labor for years before becoming profitable on a regular basis. As Mr. Bright said, it is a business. I opened my emini acct with 5,000......the typical business owner will not even get the key to the door for that.....much less the entire turnkey business.....the 6 yrs i have slaved is just now working as i expected it to...12,000 hrs later....dont' tell me mine is not hard earned......family still laughing when subject comes up ...there is an emotional capital investment cost also....it costs a lot to kill the ego also......

#34     Sep 9, 2006
  5. The natural laws of mutual exchange and abundance at work...thats the way I see it. Thats why trading works, and abundance is just a mindset to get you past fear. Fear is what prevents you from logical thinking and if you spend less time fearing things and more time thinking of creative solutions, I think your way better off. This is way more philosophical than trading related.

#35     Sep 9, 2006
  6. Einstein said something close to this: "If I had to do it all over again I'd be a trader, it's a noble thing to do".

That's right, he said "noble". Trading is simply pure capitalism. If you condemn or question trading you question capitalism.

#36     Sep 9, 2006
  7. Trading freely is the basis of a free society and traders who support free markets are just as moral as soldiers supporting the country at war.
    The foundation of a free society is choice and nowhere is choice more profound than in freely traded markets.

#37     Sep 9, 2006
  8. Cheese

Cheese

Is Trading Ethical?
    How can anyone ask such a question if you are a player and intend to amass serious money from trading?
    The big consistent unfailing winner, day in day out, avoids all such unnecessary and futile mindf**ks.
    :)

#38     Sep 9, 2006
  9. Is trading ethical? Was it ethical for my employer to work me nearly to death? There were eleven of us in my department and they cut us down to two. My health has been destroyed and my employer has totally cut me off. The employee has been broken. No problem. We will just hire another at lower cost.

There is nothing more ethical and FAIR than trading the financials. If it seems unethical to anyone, they should stay out of the markets and buy CD's for 5.5% yield.

I bet those that are profitable think the markets are ethical, and the losers think the markets are unethical and so unfair. It's not fair, boo hoo. Those other traders stole my money out from under me.

I fear someday there will be even more restrictive laws against trading to 'protect' the losers. Maybe they will restrict trading to only 'investment' type
    trading as in being able to only buy and hold one stock for 5,10,30 years, and if you sell early you will be penalized 50% of profits if there are any profits and if no profits, sucks to be you.

Is trading ethical? Some studies say that prescription drugs kill as many as 400,000 people every year and injure many times more and no one even questions it.

#39     Sep 9, 2006
  10. toc

toc

The quality of some answers here gives me some hint as to why 90% of traders blow up the account.

Capitalism, Business etc. are sure ethical and clean way to make living. Trading is also clean and legal, but not successful for a very large majority.

My original point was to question the 'metaphysical' aspect of ethics because if we go by the old scriptures saying we find that 'wrong money' from drugs, stealing, frauds etc. does not stay with you. So looking at the fact that 90% of traders end up blowing up and quitting MUST BE HINTING IN A SUBTLE MANNER TO THE FACT THAT THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING WRONG IN TRADING THAT LEADS TRADERS (VIA INSIVIBLE SUPERNATURAL FORCE) TO LOSE AND THAT TOO 90% OF THEM.

I have repeatedly asked in this thread 'what are the reasons 90% get hit and have to quit'. Some good answers were indeed given. Let's ask one question: Do 90% of drug dealers end up in jail before they quit.........I do not think so. They come out ahead, be it in terms of money, or drugs they consume etc. etc. They come out ahead in their main objectives.......either money or drugs. Do 90% of traders come out ahead in their main objective i.e. to make money and living out of the markets. No.......90% are shot out!

What 90% of traders come out ahead is in........some extra knowledge about the markets and may be some satisfaction that 'I also traded and for two weeks or so I was the Top Gun before I was shot out'. Vis-a-Vis input vrs output readings, trading can be a very loss scenario for.............90% of the participants.

I think I should change the main topic to 'Does Trading markets makes a practical business sense?'.

#40     Sep 9, 2006