Is Trading Ethical?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by toc, Sep 7, 2006.

1. The point to this is that if there were no one to Provide, then there would be no way to "take". right?

Don

#11     Sep 7, 2006
  2. hard earned money.....you have no idea how much I have "donated" to the market to learn the game, and of course, I'm still not the best trader out there. Hard earned can mean a multitude of things, sacrafices, and actions. So I say fuck yes, every dollar I make, I earned it. There is no free lunch.

#12     Sep 7, 2006
  3. toc

toc

'The actual time frame of the trade has little to do with the degree of difficulty that went in to the trade prior to the actual execution.'

That's the main problem, we think we have got the system all set but that is only half the battle won...........real execution is another half where 90% of the top guns are humbled.

Still, I think trading is multiplying the risk by factor of like 1 million or more times when compared to 8-5 type job or 8-8 type running a business. It is the risk that kills the trader. Talk to some mathematician like one on the show NUMBERS on fridays. They might be able to model some real life situations and come up with mathematical logic for why 90% of traders end up blowing their accounts and that too several times.

#13     Sep 7, 2006
  4. Correct..to me adding liquidity is like providing a service, totally ethical, and necessary if markets are to continue functioning...but what about taking liquidity? Is that more "predatory/selfish" and "serves no communal purpose" and therefore less "ethical"? I guess it really depends on one's definition of ethical, very grey area..

#14     Sep 7, 2006
  5. That would be like saying buying a Big Mac is unethical. There are no ethics involved in a trade transaction other than fulfilling any contractual obligations.

-Raystonn

#15     Sep 7, 2006
  6. even when u take [@mkt] u may still provide another fella the opportunity to get in/out if the trade is matched.

#16     Sep 7, 2006
  7. good point!

#17     Sep 7, 2006
  8. Trading profits are hard earned. If you think any different, you're a fool.

And trading is certainly more ethical than clubbing baby seals to dealth for their fur coates.

Runningbear

#18     Sep 7, 2006
  9. toc

toc

'And trading is certainly more ethical than clubbing baby seals to dealth for their fur coates.'

Well with that logic eating beef and chicken is also unethical.........trading does not belong to above mentioned category and neither to the category of crimes like robbing, stealing, etc. etc.

Still cannot figure out as to why 90% of the traders blow up the accounts.

#19     Sep 8, 2006
  10. hcour

hcour Guest

Exactly. The question is utterly meaningless. Where do people come up w/this stuff?

H

#20     Sep 8, 2006